Talk

Advanced search

i had a emergency c-section with my DD (my first child) now pg with my 2nd....

(5 Posts)
biglips Thu 04-Sep-08 15:09:20

im starting to wonder what would happen to me!...as last time i had a induction after being 12 days overdue ended up having an emergency c-section but i recovered very well. This time i cant have a induction due to the scar but can i have a sweep if im 1 day overdue??

DontlookatmeImshy Thu 04-Sep-08 15:35:47

I asked the consultant this when we were discussing vbac and he told me I would be ok to have a sweep. I think (but i could be wrong-foggy memory) that it's chemical/hormone inductions that cause problems with the scar.

biglips Thu 04-Sep-08 19:03:47

im seeing my midwife next Tuesday so ill mention it to her and see whats wha

thanks

mrssmoody Fri 05-Sep-08 20:58:54

You should be able to have a sweep-- I also had emergency c-section for DD, was 10 days overdue for DS and had 3 sweeps during that time! DS came in his own time, but the wait was worth it labour went well too, managed vbac this time.

WobblyPig Fri 05-Sep-08 21:02:06

I discussed this with my Consultant ; he said that the area of debate was surrounding syntocinon drip againsy pessaries alone. the labour induced by pessaries alone shouldn't be stronger than a naturally started labour therefore shouldn't put a scar under extra strain. Even so he put uterine rupture risk at around 0.4 percent overall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now