Talk

Advanced search

I want to say the biggest Thankyou to all Mumsnetters ...x

(11 Posts)
Leenie Thu 28-Aug-08 21:25:11

I just want to say thankyou to everyone who has advised, calmed, reassured, talked sense and shared views, opinions and wisdom with me through my pregnancy, this topic has been my first port of call for anything that was on my mind, even if just to rant, i had my baby on Sunday morning, a baby boy at 7lb 10 oz, after all my worrying about another horrible birth etc.. everything went fine, i had a water birth, i awoke to leaking fluid,although i thought it was my bladder again, then started getting twinges in my back, so about an hour later called the BC who old me to make my way in to be checked as contractions were 5 or 6 minutes apart, but weak, so half expected to be sent home as not in pain, got to the BC at 9.30 am and after 30 mins on the monitor i suddenly felt like it was gonna happen very soon, so it was a bit of a panic to get the pool filled asap, so my DD2 and the MW were using containers to fill from the sink too, the relief when i got in the water was overwhelming, my DH put some music on as i had brought my laptop , expecting a long labour, Daughter and MW were singing to Lauren Hill's 'Killing me softly' as baby swam into the world at 10.50am, my DH cut the cord, he weighed 7lb 10oz, the birth was beautiful, calm and amazing, its our first son. And as my twos DD's are 17 and 15 it felt like my first baby all over again, Thanks again everyone and love to you all . xxx grin

Minniethemoocher Thu 28-Aug-08 21:27:50

Leenie - congratulations on the birth of your son! Thank you for sharing your wonderful birth story with us.

MrsMattie Thu 28-Aug-08 21:29:57

What a lovely birth story. Congratulations smile

biglips Thu 28-Aug-08 21:31:00

awww. your birth story is so sweet. Glad you made it to the birthing pool smile

LackaDAISYcal Thu 28-Aug-08 21:31:55

Aw, what a lovely birth story, and how great that your DD was with you as well smile

Congratulations smile

MatNanPlus Thu 28-Aug-08 21:33:14

Beautiful story and welcome into the world baby boy Leenie

waitingtobloom Fri 29-Aug-08 07:51:57

Oh wow - congratulations! And thank you for posting this - just what I needed at 39 weeks after a horrible labour last time. Here's to water births!

Hulababy Fri 29-Aug-08 07:55:15

Congratulations!

ScaryHairy Fri 29-Aug-08 07:57:03

Lovely story - congratulations.

mellyonion Fri 29-Aug-08 07:58:10

how fab!
sounds like a really amazing birth experience for you, and how brilliant that your daughter was with you too...

hugest congratulations! grin

How lovely to hear such a positive birth story.

Well done and huge congratutations to you and your family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now