Talk

Advanced search

Labial tearing anyone?

(14 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Tue 26-Aug-08 12:52:03

Message withdrawn

callmeovercautious Tue 26-Aug-08 12:54:06

I had tears in both. Apparently it is just random and may have had something to do with my position and her head position. Not sure what you can do for number 2 but I will be doing much more rubbing in of almond oil next time!

surprisenumber3 Tue 26-Aug-08 13:21:52

I tore upwards too. They told me I didn't need stitching as it was more like 'grazing' but to try and keep myself 'open' as the two sides of the labia could fuse together. I had to LOL at that one What a daft thing to say!

Anyway, I did fuse slightly, just above where I wee from blush Only a little ridge type thing but I am pregnant again now and kinda wondering what this birth will do to it!!

TheHedgeWitch Tue 26-Aug-08 13:44:46

Message withdrawn

lulumama Tue 26-Aug-08 16:44:30

are you pregnant? smile

i had a labial graze !! ouch! just caused simply by the baby's head being born. intact perineum too

sometimes a baby's fingernail can catch you on the way out

it won;t affect birth of your next baby at all

I had labial tearing and it has taken blardy ages (6 months) to heal and not hurt anymore, other than that I don't think it causes any problems.

Ebb Tue 26-Aug-08 17:17:14

I had a labial tear. When the midwife went to sew me up, she called in the senior midwife and asked "Where does this bit go?" blush All the midwives who came to visit me at home asked 'How did you manage to tear there?' hmm but all commented on how well I had been stitched up. Can't comment on how it would affect a 2nd pregnancy as was my first.

biggreypants Tue 26-Aug-08 17:40:26

I tore there too! a long shallow tear still healing now (four months)but the larger nick out mine healed in two weeks! neither stitched (needed one though too late now)
could be worse my friend tore her clitoris shock ouch she tells me it works just fine now though!

TheHedgeWitch Tue 26-Aug-08 19:29:14

Message withdrawn

hatcam Tue 26-Aug-08 20:47:58

I tore 'up' rather than down - midwives main worry in the delivery room was that it would affect how much I enjoyed sex in the future...I laughed and said that was the last thing on my mind!

Main reason for tearing was that daughter kindly made her appearance with one arm up by her head, in true superman style. Nice. Ouch.

Rohan Tue 26-Aug-08 21:47:53

I had a very fast delivery and tore upwards into my inner labia and clitoris. Intact perineum. MW only noticed the labial tear and didn't stitch. Was agony for three weeks, but healed up OK and in full working order by six weeks. Looks different though as it healed 'apart' so you can see exactly where the tear is. Doesn't bother me now. What bothered me is that MW didn't care what else had happened seen as perineum was intact. No further questions or aftercare for it at all. On notes it said I was intact. MW was so pleased she'd applied her counterpressure so I didn't tear - yeah, good, a little too well I think. Let's tear upwards into the good stuff hmm

greenlawn Wed 27-Aug-08 10:55:31

Yes I had tears upwards and outwards too - and like Rohan it healed "apart" so it looks a bit odd! Perineum was intact. Never occurred to me that it would affect the next birth, but maybe I should ask. I do remember it was very painful being stitched up.

I did perineal massage and wondered if I saved my perineum at the cost of my labia!!!!

BellaBear Wed 27-Aug-08 10:59:25

I had some labial grazes (as well as 2nd degree tear somewhere else, not sure exactly where now) and like someone else on here had MWs staring at me down there saying where does this bit go?. Funny now, really didn't care at the time as was exhausted. STitched up beautifully, apparently, and no problems now at all.

Wisknit Wed 27-Aug-08 11:42:26

I had a slight tear on both labia after ds one no perinial tears at all and no need for stitches.
Ds2 no tearing at all. Hope this reassures you slightly...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now