Talk

Advanced search

How do TENS machines work?

(7 Posts)
Andlou Mon 25-Aug-08 22:14:30

Have borrowed one (GEM-STIM brand) but have no instructions for it so a bit lost at the moment. Has anyone used one before? Are they all the same? It has knobs to adjust strength of the shock, plus time, width and rate. WHat does this all mean?

Dragonbutter Mon 25-Aug-08 22:16:31

instructions here

Dragonbutter Mon 25-Aug-08 22:22:00

those instructions are not for maternity tens. is it a maternity tens machine?

Andlou Tue 26-Aug-08 10:30:24

It's a multi-purpose one - one of the settings is for labour but still not sure what that means it will do! Have had some fun shocking DH but not sure that will be helpful during labour - although good for a laugh

twoluvlykids Tue 26-Aug-08 10:31:53

they don't work for labour pains smile very well, in my experience.

TheHedgeWitch Tue 26-Aug-08 13:55:54

Message withdrawn

damdaffs Tue 02-Sep-08 14:00:32

i thought it was a bit like someone rubbing the small of my back with the scratchy side of velcro for many hours; vaguely irritating but kind of distracting at the same time. the best thing are the knobs you can twiddle; it probably doesnt help the pain much but at least its one TEENY thing you have control over smile

i think the shocking of expectant husbands with TENs should be compulsory before labour BTW....they get away lightly....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now