Talk

Advanced search

Birthing parttners. Any help or support groups?

(3 Posts)
baffledmum Mon 25-Aug-08 14:09:57

I've been asked to be a birthing partner by my BF. Her husband is in the Forces & is unlikely to be home, although fingers crossed. Has anyone else done this and is able to give me some pointers?? I want to give her support but am not sure what to expect. This is her first baby. I had two very quick, straightforward labours and deliveries but realise I need to be prepared in case her delivery is less easy. Recommendations for books and your comments welcome!

AvenaLife Mon 25-Aug-08 14:12:20

My BF was with me when I had ds. She didn't do much apart from keep me company and fetch me ice. I was really grateful not to be left alone though. She held him after though so I could be stitched. I'm truly grateful she was there though. smile

solo Mon 25-Aug-08 14:16:53

I was with my bf for her two dc's births. They are now 14 and almost 17. I hadn't had any dc's of my own back then either. I went to all her appointments and NCT meetings with her. It was a brilliant experience and I supported her and helped put her thoughts and plans into action during labour.
Enjoy the experience. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now