Talk

Advanced search

Will SPD have any effect on labour??? Getting Nervous!

(6 Posts)
CrazyDi Wed 16-Feb-05 20:28:23

Hi...am 32 weeks pregant now and am having bit of a rough time of it, but have recently been told i am suffering SPD. I am almost housebound and cant stand on my own or make the stairs..its just worrying me now as to if this will affect my labour.

When I am laid in bed I cant move or turn without screaming the house down and wondered if it affects labour at all and if anyone has been through this problem free??

Just want it over as in agony!! HELP!!

Moomin Wed 16-Feb-05 20:33:20

have you had any physio, crazydi? when mine was diagnosed at about 26 weeks i was sent for advice and physio. i was given two supports and some advice about making turning over in bed easier (using a bin liner!). i also had crutches later on. discussed birth options with my midwife; there was a possibility of a c-section but was also told to try for a natural birth. she told me to write it into my birth plan so that everyone was aware anmd so i could use positions better for spd. as it happens didn't get there in the end as was diagnosed with placenta previa and had to have a c-section anyway. good news was that all the bed rest made the spd tonnes better.
sorry not to be of more help. hope all goes well. x

Lowryn Wed 16-Feb-05 20:36:47

I had this and although I put in both my birth plans that I didn't want stirrups I had to have them. It was agony. With DD I was so delirious with pain that I screamed at the registrar and was told off!
Apart from the stirrups I can't remember feeling specific SPD pain. The whole area from my neck down hurt!

Moomin Wed 16-Feb-05 20:37:39

have a look at these websites:
spd-uk website
and nct Q&A page
hope this helps x

CrazyDi Wed 16-Feb-05 20:40:07

I have an appointment for physio and think they are wanting me to try crutches, but with both previous pregnancies I went 24 hours in labour so am kind of panicking...Im a wimp with pain anyway and like labour isnt sore enough!!

Moomin Wed 16-Feb-05 21:01:33

i won't say this too loud, but i was referred to a consultant when the spd was diagnosed and i was pretty keen on an elective section because of the spd and he was fairly willing, despite my midwife trying to persuade me otherwise. as it happens, got my elec anyway, but perhaps not what i planned! it went very well by the way - no regrets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now