Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Contractions - I should know, as have done this before, but please humour me...

(11 Posts)
bohemianbint Wed 20-Aug-08 15:17:31

I don't have a lot of faith in my judgement as with DC1 I was having contractions for a while before I realised what they were, as to begin with they didn't hurt and were low down, which was not was I was expecting.

Am now 3 days overdue with DC2. Last couple of days have had some intermittent stomach cramps where my bump goes hard, some quite painful shocks on my cervix (head banging?!)and some very low down pains/pressure. Nothing regular though.

Am just a bit worried I might miss the signs as DS1 was born very very quickly and am worried that this time might be even quicker and no one will have time to get here!

Does this sound like things might be about to get going?

bohemianbint Wed 20-Aug-08 15:39:48

smile

AskingforAstrid Wed 20-Aug-08 15:48:50

TBH none of sounds like imminent labour as you say it's not regular. I'm probably wrong though, and you'll have it by tea-time. Have you had a show or anything?

But at 40+3 it could be any time soon so if DS1 was quick then just have a really low threshold for pressing the alarm button and alerting people. Make sure you're all ready re bag etc.

I hope it all starts happening soon for you smile

bohemianbint Wed 20-Aug-08 15:52:43

Cheers Astrid. grin Buggeration though, it's driving me up the wall now. No show or anything yet, but last time was only 11 hours from show to baby being out.

At least am planning a HB so not so terrible if it all kicks off suddenly (apart from arranging the parents to come and get ds!) but want time to get the pool up this time!

Romy7 Wed 20-Aug-08 15:55:07

i was like that for well over a week, including having to stop and 'breathe through', a show ten days before etc, but if you're fast, then i would just make sure you're ready for anything...
i have a friend who got up to check dc1 and gave birth on the landing on the way back to bed... fortunately she managed to shout for dh and all ok...
some babies you just can't plan for! i'm more of a 'take your time' girl m'self.
hope it all goes well! nearly there!

AskingforAstrid Wed 20-Aug-08 15:56:09

I've never been in a birthing pool, but haven't I seen on Discovery birthing programmes they take hours to get up? Don't some people have them up days/weeks in advance?

Any more twinges? Have you tried all the standard things, curry, exercise etc?

bohemianbint Wed 20-Aug-08 15:58:48

Oh my gosh, i've tried everything. Little blighter isn't interested.

I think the pool only takes about an hour (its a birth pool in a box) but can't remember; DH did get it up and filled but by the time it was ready I was in no state to get down the stairs!

AskingforAstrid Wed 20-Aug-08 16:03:49

Well, fingers crossed for you. It really has got to come eventually. smile

Romy7 Wed 20-Aug-08 16:04:36

bf had hers up for a week i think - but something about warming the water?! i know they had a few practice runs...

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 20-Aug-08 16:06:03

Why don't you inflate it, but not fill it yet? At least it will make you feel a bit more prepared if things kick off.

bohemianbint Wed 20-Aug-08 18:58:54

Astrid - I'm actually starting to doubt it. I'm wondering if am just fat. wink

romy, moveit - I'd really like to put it up but unfotunately our house is too small and between my 2 year old DS and the cats I don't reckon there'd be much left of it!

Should be quicker to inflate this time, touch wood, as DH was so flustered last time he forgot we'd ordered an electric pump and was doing it all by himself...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now