Talk

Advanced search

How long did you bleed post-birth?

(11 Posts)
kayjayel Wed 20-Aug-08 14:01:15

Its nearly 9 weeks now and while its very intermittent and light, its still going, and very annoying. its not entirely worth a pad, but I wouldn't risk good knickers! All my friends stopped within a month. Are there other people out there who take a while to settle back to normal? Well, normalish smile. Tell me its not that long now!

katiepotatie Wed 20-Aug-08 14:05:29

I bleed for 6 weeks, the my period came back at 10 weeks!shock I was ebf too!

ShowOfHands Wed 20-Aug-08 14:07:57

6 weeks here too. Have heard it can be longer.

Are you taking it easy? <<stern but kindly stare>>

kp, my af came back at 16 weeks, still ebf 2 hourly day and night. We were robbed, clearly.

Bluebutterfly Wed 20-Aug-08 14:10:02

6 weeks heavily and then more lightly for a couple of weeks. If you are concerned speak to your hv or your gp - they will probably tell you it is fine, but will make sure that that is the case...

Troutpout Wed 20-Aug-08 14:20:41

8 weeks for me the first time
10 weeks the second
It was a pita

kayjayel Thu 21-Aug-08 09:02:54

Thanks for replies. How annoying for you having periods despite feeding! Its helpful to hear other people bled for longer and weren't ill. I saw GP yesterday and she wasn't worried, but checked with the obstetricians and they want me to come for checks, annoyingly. They said asap, but I think I'm going to be assertive and wait a week - I've no pain, or dodgy signs, and it doesn't feel abnormal, just annoying. But its still less of an annoyance than having to find the time to shave my legs, wait in the hospital for hours, waste valuable child care time when I could be resting and leaving a baby who is not really that keen on bottles... I'm going to look up average times and see how long it could possibly be.

MummyAnnabella Wed 27-Aug-08 14:26:53

12 weeks here which i thought was long. doc said normal enough esp after c/s. was b/f too. periods back a few weeks later.

MummyAnnabella Wed 27-Aug-08 14:26:55

12 weeks here which i thought was long. doc said normal enough esp after c/s. was b/f too. periods back a few weeks later.

mumfor1standmaybe2ndtime Wed 27-Aug-08 21:35:49

Around 8 weeks for me (and I had a c section), went to the doctor who said it was normal but she could check my iron levels if needed and just advised to eat plenty of iron rich foods.

14 sodding weeks for me.

Very light, it would even stop for a couple of days, I would put white pants on aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand back it would come.

All gone now though, if you have no other symptoms I wouldn't worry.

Do remember to take it easy. smile

sweetkitty Wed 27-Aug-08 21:44:25

1st baby 6 weeks got periods back 4 weeks after that too even though I was ebf

2nd baby about 4 weeks periods took 11 months to come back

3rd baby 3-4 weeks, she's only 6 weeks so no periods yet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now