Talk

Advanced search

Dressing gown for hospital

(37 Posts)
ipanemagirl Mon 18-Aug-08 17:42:43

Anyone find a simple dressing gown any where? I can't find any maternity ones that I like the look of, any suggestions gratefully received!
I'd like something long, cotton and simple really.

TheProvincialLady Mon 18-Aug-08 17:44:46

Go to Primark and buy a cheap one. A red one if possible! If not then definitely dark.

prettybird Mon 18-Aug-08 17:46:13

I just used a big old one - not speficifcally maternity.

badbadme Mon 18-Aug-08 17:48:18

You probably dont need a maternity one. You willl have night clothes on underneath it, and for the most part wont be pregnant during the stay.
You could probably get away without a dressing gown. I didnt have one, I only wore night clothes on the day of delivery, and loose normal clothes the next day.

HensMum Mon 18-Aug-08 17:53:28

I took a dressing gown to hospital and never wore it as it was so bloody hot on the ward! A nightie was more than enough.

devonsmummy Mon 18-Aug-08 17:53:45

I just took an old black one of DH's dressing gowns.

Only time I wore it was on journey back from shower room after the birth.

maternity wards are always very warm so you probably won't wear it for more than a few minutes

elmoandella Mon 18-Aug-08 18:00:13

too hot. much better with one of those we matching cardi's for the pj's.

lauraloola Mon 18-Aug-08 20:31:34

I got one from Primark but never actually wore it! I just took some comfy pjs and v.comfy slippers x

Highlander Mon 18-Aug-08 20:35:14

didn't use one. T shirt and cycling shorts

KnockOffNorbert Mon 18-Aug-08 20:35:39

I got a thin light one from Tesco. Unless you like to totally wrap yourself in it, it doesn't matter if it's maternity or not.

TheHedgeWitch Mon 18-Aug-08 20:51:15

Message withdrawn

[wistfully remembers being concerned about having the right dressing gown]

Don't worry about it, mine didn't see the light of day. Take cheap dark coloured trackie bottoms and loads of vest tops, it's roasting and you'll probably have lots of stains to worry about wink

When are you due? [excited]

Evelynsmum Mon 18-Aug-08 20:55:30

Maternity wards can be superheated...except when I was on one with dd. The heating had broken and in a cold Jan believe me I needed my thick dressing gown. Just an ordinary one will do.

DisplacementActivity Mon 18-Aug-08 20:55:31

Message withdrawn

onepieceoflollipop Mon 18-Aug-08 20:57:11

I had a very lightweight satiny type one (cheap) kind of a deep purple colour.

I found it gave me a bit of confidence leaving bed and making trips to the loo, especially during visiting times. I worried about having a leaky pad (sorry if tmi) and having to walk past male visitors. blush

DisplacementActivity Mon 18-Aug-08 20:58:11

Message withdrawn

babyOcho Mon 18-Aug-08 20:59:32

Just remember to get a dark coloured one.

Agree with DA - flipflops are the way to go for you and your birth partner. It's bloody hot. It didn't happen to me, but if your waters break you might not want to have your fluffy cashmere slippers on IYKWIM wink

DisplacementActivity Mon 18-Aug-08 21:00:34

Message withdrawn

DisplacementActivity Mon 18-Aug-08 21:02:15

Message withdrawn

ipanemagirl Mon 18-Aug-08 22:17:58

Thanks so much! I'm due Sept 14th!

I do agree, just something in not heavy fabric but definitely not a light colour!!!

My old dressing gown is so minging that I am going to just chuck it out tomorrow!

It's really just to be able to go to the shower.

much appreciate all the posts!

elmoandella Mon 18-Aug-08 22:53:43

flip flop vote here. or crocs. something you can give a wee rinse under the shower if they get ... hmm stained we shall say??

OLIVIASMAMA Mon 18-Aug-08 23:36:18

I got a lovely white waffle cotton one from M&S, I know, I know.... white?! But it made me feel lovely and fresh and a bit glam too when everything else seems very unglam, I wore it over very loose grey cropped cotton pyjama bottoms with a matching vest top.

I noticed they've got one in Primark at the moment.

.....flip flops were my favourite things ever, couldn't have lived without them, not to mention the big knickers, don't forget them grin

HelenMc1 Tue 19-Aug-08 09:12:56

I got a great one from Mamas & Papas of all places. It was a really thin jersey which was ideal as the ward was roasting!

Tinkerisdead Tue 19-Aug-08 09:21:54

Ohhh so glad i opened this as ive been searching for one, now i dont think i'll bother. i got some tracksuit bottoms for 3.00 in primark and verst tops for 1.50. but ive looked in M&S, Primark, Next and tesco for a dark coloured dressing gown and cant find one. They are all pastel coloured. found one on mothercare website 14.00 but its out of stock in my size. hmmm sounds like i wont bother at all then.

katiepotatie Tue 19-Aug-08 09:27:45

Asda do a lightweight waffle cotton one for £6.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now