Talk

Advanced search

8 days over EDD - have been getting tightenings. is this it?

(17 Posts)
HelenBabyHToBe Mon 18-Aug-08 14:25:43

8 days over EDD - have been getting tightenings. is this it?

is it normal to have the baby kick every time i get a tightening feeling?

sleeplessinseatle Mon 18-Aug-08 14:58:22

I dont know if this is it, as I'm a first timer. But I'm also overdue, so I really hope this is it for you

[fingers crossed] grin

BitOfFun Mon 18-Aug-08 15:01:49

Could be - I went in for a routine check, was having same tightenings, and as they were so regular they gave me a pelvic. I was 8cm dilated! Barely felt a thing til I "knew" ,i.e. was told I was in labour, then it stepped up a gear! Good luck x

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Mon 18-Aug-08 15:02:18

It is normal for the kicking, lots of babies go very quiet during labour, but some kick out at the contracting uterus.

Have you timed the tightening?

HelenBabyHToBe Mon 18-Aug-08 15:27:02

no havent timed them as for the past hour have disappeared....so so frustrating. had just drunk 3 cups of raspberry tea when they happened 2 hours ago so think might make another cup. just want baby to come now as if not will be induced at EDD plus 11 which is this thurs 21st aug. would go for loads of walks but weather so wet cant do that - so bouncing on ball/eating pineapple and drinking rasp tea it is then!!!!
thanks everyone...

HelenBabyHToBe Mon 18-Aug-08 15:28:07

PS thanks for letting me know natalie re baby kicks.... its so wierd the way baby kicks when uterus contracts. its as if it get annoyed. hope it doesnt make for a distressed babe when they truely get going !

KnockOffNorbert Mon 18-Aug-08 15:31:26

THe main way of telling if it's It is they will not go away, they will come more and more regular and nothing will shake them. It's hard to tell as it could be regular braxton hicks, labour starting but could ease off again... If they become regular then call your MW I guess, they don't always have to be full on painful. Good luck!

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Mon 18-Aug-08 15:33:37

It is so frustrating at this point.

Nipple tweaking, sex/orgasms, walking up and down the stairs sideways, and gentle exercise is supposed to help, and my mum started 3 out of 5 of us by cleaning the windows.

If nothing else happens, try not to worry about induction, I've been induced twice, and it isn't always the horror stories you hear of.

MiniMarmite Mon 18-Aug-08 15:52:06

Hi H
Same is happening to me today (I'm 40+2) and the baby kicks too. I'm trying not to read into it too much as I've had this on and off for a few weeks but I guess it must be getting closer and it's a really good chance it is for you at 40+8...keeping my fingers crossed for you.

MiniMarmite Mon 18-Aug-08 15:53:13

40+8!!! That'll be 41+1 then...pregnancy brain, sorry blush

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Tue 19-Aug-08 09:06:16

Is there any news?

HelenBabyHToBe Thu 21-Aug-08 11:05:31

no - going in for induction this evening at 7
silly baby obv doesnt want to come and is way to happy in there. officially i am plus 11 days but first scan at booking in told me i was due 14th therefore more likely to be plus 7 overdue. Lovely. Refused induction at plus 5 from my official date and when went in didnt have a side room so chose to not be induced. Typical now that i am having to be anyhow - and still no guarantee of a side room. think if u r being induced in a ward that is so so mean.
take care
hx

MummyToOneForNow Thu 21-Aug-08 11:44:39

I went in to be induced at 40+10 and went into labour spontaneously while I was waiting for the doctors to get to me (was 6cm by the time they did!). I thought I was having braxton hicks to start with but it was the real thing and I was really glad I was in hospital when it started as it then all happened quite quickly. Good luck and hope the baby decides to start moving before tonight!

Neeerly3 Thu 21-Aug-08 11:49:16

ooo how exciting, new baby on the way! I'm 13+3 and living everyone elses pregs at the mo - at the boring, fat, not pregs stage

HelenBabyHToBe Thu 21-Aug-08 12:23:49

aw thanks- wish it had all went wonderfully tho and it was sat evening and i had my beautiful baby ! :-)

Neeerly3 Thu 21-Aug-08 13:57:57

ooo helen, he/she, big small? come on we need details!

Neeerly3 Thu 21-Aug-08 13:58:49

oh sorry, just read your post back!

doh, you are still waiting....i will sit on my hands now til tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now