Talk

Advanced search

NOT FELT WELL SINCE THE BIRTH

(10 Posts)
eak2008 Sun 17-Aug-08 22:57:04

I gave birth 3.5 weeks ago and since Ive felt ill with one thing or another. I had retained membrane and endometritis which made me feel fluey and listless. Now I constantly feel like I need the loo, get there and have a little dribble, but it hurts at the end and when i stand up I drip and leak.I dont know whether this is linked but I also have bad back ache on my left hand side. Please help me. I know I should go to drs but Im finding it hard with three young children.

slinkiemalinki Sun 17-Aug-08 23:00:59

You've absolutely got to go to the doctors eak - people can't diagnose you on mumsnet but it sounds like you need medical attention. It may be different in your case, and I don't mean to roll out horror stories but my husband's cousin, actually a doctor herself, felt similar after having her first baby, left it too long and ended up having had a UTI - she had never had one before, it progressed to her kidneys and she was in hospital for a week and parted from her baby. Hopefully yours won't be as bad but you really should go, and not wait for your 6 week check. good luck.

Ewe Sun 17-Aug-08 23:01:22

I think this is pretty common, childbirth is quite a traumatic experience physically. When I had DD, 5 months ago, I had infection from retained placenta, anaemia, several cold sores (have one now), ear infection x2, cystitis and thrush quite a few times.

I saw my doc several times and it's v.common to get lots of things wrong post birth as system is typically v tired and run down, especially with two other kids! You do need to go and see doc though. Hope you feel better soon

luvaduck Sun 17-Aug-08 23:03:34

it sounds very much like you have a urine infection, which is spreading to your kidneys (so yes they are linked)
you need antibiotics now
call nhs direct and tell them the bit from "now i constantly feel like i need to go to the loo etc..." they should get you to see an out of hours doc tonight

even though to be honest if you're close to an A+E i'd go there as you may need antibioitcs into your vein if theres pain in your back

good luck! do it tonight, don't wait till morning

QuintessentialShadows Sun 17-Aug-08 23:03:36

I had infection after infection after my second son was born. Is your midwife still visiting? Can you ask your health visitor for a homevisit if you dont feel up for going to your gp? Talk her through all your problems and see what she can suggest.

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sun 17-Aug-08 23:04:31

I was wiped out after my third in a way I wasn't with the other 2.

Do go to the doctors to get checked out but I also took extra iron (I was anaemic) and extra vitamins for a while after ds3.

eak2008 Sun 17-Aug-08 23:19:42

rang nhs direct they think i shud make an appointment with dr first thing in morning, prob is how do i juggle 3 kids at a drs appointment?

morocco Sun 17-Aug-08 23:33:57

poor you

do you know anyone who could look after at least some of the kids for an hour or so? I'm sure lots of other mums would be happy to babysit if you asked. or maybe ask their nursery/playgroup if you could drop them there for an hour or so even if it's not their day?

you need to go to the gp though - don't let it put you off booking an appointment

LackaDAISYcal Sun 17-Aug-08 23:37:07

poor you sad. Is there a neighbour who can watch the older two and you take the baby with you. Or can your DH get some time off? he is entitled to time off for family emergencies, and i think this qualifies.

I hope you get on OK and get sorted so you can get well.

luvaduck Mon 18-Aug-08 13:58:48

are you ok?
did you go to the docs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now