Talk

Advanced search

nice words needed, getting tightenings every 20 mins on and off all day.

(24 Posts)
blondie14 Fri 15-Aug-08 22:12:27

i was "due" monday 11th and this is my second baby. my first was born 4 weeks early. feeling very fed up now but today i have been getting tightenings every 20 mins or so on and off all day and baby has dropped making walking very painful. instead of feeling excitement i am feeling very tearful that i am uncomfy and getting no where fast (have had strong BH all week that lead no where.) boyfriend not helping much as doesnt understand how uncomfy i am.

sorry if this seems to be a rant.......

mitfordsisters Fri 15-Aug-08 22:18:15

Good luck blondie14 - sounds like your baby is coming and you're doing really well.

Carnival Fri 15-Aug-08 22:23:13

blondie, I was induced so don't have any experience of this bit! Good luck though, I hope it's as brief as possible for you.

MmeLindt Fri 15-Aug-08 22:25:36

Sounds like things are kicking off.

Good luck.

VeniVidiVickiQV Fri 15-Aug-08 22:25:54

Awww. Going over is sooo frustrating.

But, put it this way - one way or another you will have a baby within the next 10 days.

All this contractions are doing good things. Helping to soften and shorten your cervix. Go have a nice warm bath. Try and relax a bit.

natalier Fri 15-Aug-08 22:39:40

im getting the exact same and i was due the 7th. so tht makes me plus 8 today and i had a sweep this morning and hoping that helps, its painful for me to walk too x

liahgen Fri 15-Aug-08 22:40:07

hi Blondie,

how are you?

MmeLindt Sat 16-Aug-08 14:23:16

How are you today, Blondie?

natalier Sat 16-Aug-08 16:04:36

hi guys im still getting tightnings and feeling rather light headed when i get them. can this mean the strt of things?

KiddieCare Sun 17-Aug-08 12:57:29

hey, dont want to burst ur bubble but i have been getting regular tightening which stop and start since i was 33+5, im now 38+2 and had a show yesterday plus tightenings and bad period pains, baby head is so far down they had to scan me to see it, and my cervix is completly short and soft, yet im still here, very frustrated sad

blondie14 Mon 18-Aug-08 10:00:48

thanks for all the nice words, am still very much pregnant but as am 7 days over today going for an internal and membrane sweep this afternoon. feeling very nervous about it. tightenings seem to have stopped although get the odd one here and there.

how you getting on natalier and kiddiecare?

natalier Mon 18-Aug-08 12:31:46

hi blondie my membrane sweep didnt work.

how did ures get on?
i have no change
im getting induced wed nite x

blondie14 Mon 18-Aug-08 12:38:48

having my sweep at 2pm this afternoon and really hoping it works although not holding my breath. starting to think baby is too big to deliver thats why nothing is happening, irrational i know but just my luck. god i need to cheer up.

ronshar Mon 18-Aug-08 12:42:43

Dont worry girls. I had two sweeps with my DD2 and delivered at home on 40+15. Stick to your guns and it will all happen for you.
Most midwives will do two sweeps. They expect results within 24hrs apparently.

The best thing to do is get your self out for a walk. I know it is uncomfortable but it may help to jog the baby downwards. After that the only way is outgringrin

Goodluck ladies.

blondie14 Mon 18-Aug-08 12:47:23

thanks ronshar, i have tried the walking thing but each time i have got more than 20 mins away from house or car (live in lake district) the heavens have opened!!!! not a great thing when you have a 3 1/2 year old in tow!!

ronshar Mon 18-Aug-08 12:54:52

I dont know look on the bright side. If your waters go no one will noticesmile.

These things are really horrible arent they. The waiting is sooooo bad. You cant do anything can you!

Good luck for your sweep. Try to relax, it makes it much easier for the midwife to get good accessswink. It is a lay back and think of England monent. Although it is slightly better than a smear, no big cold stuff.

blondie14 Mon 18-Aug-08 12:59:59

think i have had a fresh batch of hormones from friday!!!! not usually so morbid.

ronshar Mon 18-Aug-08 13:43:54

It is completely natural to worry. It is quite a thing you are about to do.
Focus on the end result, it is the one thing that has kept me going through my labours.

HelenBabyHToBe Mon 18-Aug-08 14:23:34

hi - good luck !
i have been having tightenings for past 2 hours also... am 8 days over so dunno if this is it or not?!

Is it normal for each time i get a tightening that the baby kicks?!
h

ronshar Mon 18-Aug-08 18:20:28

Yes it is quite normal. I was most shock at baby kicking on her way out to be honest. grin

KiddieCare Mon 18-Aug-08 21:21:15

am still here, started gettin tightenings again bout 20 mins ago, but they will prob stop again, thinking of trying castor oil now, as am in so much pain with my back at mo and these contractions on and off for weeks have become emotionally draining, i just want it to be over now.

Slickbird Mon 18-Aug-08 21:31:36

God, can you imagine if it were men that had to do this. I mean, really...hmm

Good luck ladies, I'm sure it won't be long for you now. And you'll have a lovely bambino to stare in wonder at....smile

desperatehousewifetoo Mon 18-Aug-08 21:38:53

Good luck all of you.

Not long now...smile

blondie14 Mon 18-Aug-08 21:49:46

kiddiecare, step away from the castor oil!!!! heard it gives you terrible cramps and diahorrea more than starting labour. not a good thing if like me it takes you an ice age to get to the bathroom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now