Talk

Advanced search

TENS machines which make is best??

(8 Posts)
dizzyg Tue 12-Aug-08 17:18:35

please can someone tell me is there a difference in makes of maternity TENS machine or are they all pretty much the same and has any one hired one from boots??

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 12-Aug-08 17:33:41

Message withdrawn

PortAndLemon Tue 12-Aug-08 17:44:24

I used an ElleTENS with DD and it did me fine until I was 9cm dilated. Haven't used any others, though. It seems to work out cheaper to buy and then sell on on eBay than to hire (eBay second-hand prices only about £5-£10 less than new).

slinkiemalinki Tue 12-Aug-08 18:05:28

I got a Boots one; it was great even though I hadn't really read the instructions properly, I just pressed BOOST all the time as I only really got it on when things were really happening! My only gripe was that they will make you pay a deposit - I hired mine on Oxford St and then when I came to send my husband back with it, they didn't want to refund the deposit to a different credit card (even a card on the same account) and he had to kick up a real stink. So hire it locally or pay cash!

KnockOffNorbert Tue 12-Aug-08 18:09:46

I have got an Elle Tens (I think) - fancy purple thingy. I'll let you know how it goes (just popping this on my 'threads i'm on' so I don't forget ) I used a hospital one last time (So am guessing very basic), it definatly didn't have a quater of the functions of this thing I have and it worked brilliantly - I think it's just gadgets really they add to the more expensive ones.

dizzyg Tue 12-Aug-08 20:12:41

thanks, I am not due till Jan but just used gas and air last time as was told at last minute could not be give epidural as have scolios(curve in spine corrected with rod) so want to try TENS as well as gas and air this time, will look on ebay!

babyOcho Wed 13-Aug-08 04:04:45

Elle TENS - it worked really well for me and I lent it to a friend who said it was ace as well. Just lent it to another friend, not sure how good she found it.

finallypregnant Wed 13-Aug-08 07:32:01

Did bugger all for me but I hired one from Boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now