Talk

Advanced search

Few Qs about induction...

(1 Post)
KnockOffNorbert Tue 12-Aug-08 15:03:23

Probably should have just used one thread - sorry!

1) What is classed as being induced - the stuff they put inside you (think I had gel last time?) or when they start on the drip?
2) When they (in general) say that your contractions with being induced are stronger etc., is that after just the gel/tablet or when they start on the drip? I started labour a few hours after the gel, but ened up on the drip for various reasons but had an epidural by then - just wanted to know so I know what to expect in terms of pain relief. I want to do as much as I can just with the TENS, but if I keep going this time just on the gel I wanted to know if that is usually alot more painful than normal, or it's when they start the drip that it's the really painful bit. If that makes sense!
3) Last time baby was in distress, so ended up on the bed time full time on the monitor (main reason I had Epi.) Was that just coincidence, or is baby more likely to become distressed when you are induced? (That was just when I had the gel)

I think that's it for now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now