Talk

Advanced search

Unsure where to post this but its about pressies off the older siblings to the newborn and vice versa....

(12 Posts)
biglips Mon 11-Aug-08 18:19:19

when my dd was born, i got a huge Tigger from DD to my SD and huge Eeyore from SD to my DD. Sd was then 5.10 yrs old.

Now im expecting no 2 in 4 weeks time...and need to do the same for my DD (she will be 3.11 yrs old) to this DC...(havent got a clue what yet!) but SD will be 9.6 yrs old.....what do i get for her and vice versa or is she is too old for me to do it??? as dont wanna leave her out.

thanks

moondog Mon 11-Aug-08 18:20:27

Didn't know you were pg BL! Lovely!
Idon't beleive in any of this crap though.

biglips Mon 11-Aug-08 18:23:28

ooh thanks. grin

well ive gotta get summat for my DD as she is a strong willed, boisterious person but SD is more of a quiet, laid back person.

Bronze Mon 11-Aug-08 18:27:33

Didn't get the baby anything either time. First time ds1 was givena drs set when ds2 was born. Second time it was far too disorganised though we did take the boys out and buy them each a present not long after.

pootleflump Mon 11-Aug-08 18:30:52

I wouldn't bother with a gift to the baby but if you're getting something for dd, I'd definitely get something for sd.

Minniethemoocher Mon 11-Aug-08 18:31:19

I was going to get DD a gift from the baby, I thought that it may stop sibling jealousy....

biglips Mon 11-Aug-08 19:46:58

minnie - its no harm buying the gift. Thats the reason of me needing to buy summat for my DD as she does have a jealous streak in her now and again.

OFSTEDoutstanding Mon 11-Aug-08 21:05:08

I am due to have dd in 2 weeks and my ds (aged 3) will get a Thomas Tank toy from her and he will have a gift to give her that we have bought together and wrapped up ready for when she arrives. I remember when my sister was born she bought me a tea set and that was over 25 years ago so I think the memory stays with you (having said that it didn't help us get along at all!)

Pinchypants Tue 12-Aug-08 09:35:27

I've just bought a little play kitchen from the new baby (due any minute) to my DD, who is 2. I quite like the idea of the baby bribing his or her big sister to accept her wink.

Hadn't thought about getting baby anything from DD but actually she might enjoy choosing a little token thing like cuddly toy or special babygro.

yaz2 Tue 12-Aug-08 09:39:27

I didnot get anything for the ds2 when he was born as newborns tend to get pressies from other people anyway but I got my ds1 a tool bench thingy and told him it was a special present from mummy, daddy and baby for being such a great son/big brother.

slinkiemalinki Tue 12-Aug-08 12:22:59

We've got a blue cuddly rabbit for DD (2.3y) to give to her baby brother, she already talks excitedly about giving it to him, obviously it's more for her benefit than his!
I may get her a play kitchen too, from the baby, as she can hopefully play on it sometimes while I am trying to feed the new arrival.

rapunzelle Tue 12-Aug-08 17:15:52

I took the children to the bear factory week before birth and they spent a very happy hour creating a bear for the new baby and even recording their own messages into the paws. Not cheap but worth it as they were so proud of their creation and couldn't wait for 'baby' to be born to give it. (They are 5yrs and 3.5yrs)

The baby didn't have a pressie for them on the day but has a present ready to give them on his naming day next month for being the best big brother and sister in the world. Chose that date as the baby will be getting gifts that day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now