Talk

Advanced search

Induction 2m evening.Am worried.

(9 Posts)
kentDee Sat 09-Aug-08 07:12:33

Am going into hospital 2m eve as long as they have a bed for me, to start my induction. i had a sweep on wed but it was unsuccessful. Has anyone been induced at the PRUH? Im so upset and disappointed as I wanted things to be as natural as possible and start at home. Has anyone any advice to stop me worrying? TIA

Kizzipoppet Sat 09-Aug-08 07:24:55

Firstly, if you are due in tomorrow eve, there is still hope it could start naturally. I had a friend booked in for being induced as she was 12days OD after a S&S didnt work.... she went into natural labour the night before she was due to be induced!
I ended up being induced as my waters broke as my labour didnt start naturally. Try not to be upset and disappointed as the main thing is that baby gets here safe and well - however they arrive! I really wanted a natural labour - ie , TENS, gas and air. I ended up having pethadine and epidural during a long and painful induced labour. My main advice would be - try and keep an open mind, labours are all different and go with it and make decisions as you go along. GOOD LUCK and all the best with your soon to be lovely DS or DD

kentDee Sat 09-Aug-08 07:31:15

I have been trying everything to start labour eg sex, walks, pineapple etc but nothing is helping.Tomorrow I will be 41+4 but my sweep was not a success as the midwife was unable to reach my cervix! Surely this means the baby isnt ready to come out???

I dont know what to do. The thought of being stuck in hospital in a bed, not being mobile is stressing me out. [which isnt helping the baby]

Kizzipoppet Sat 09-Aug-08 07:43:27

All you can do is hope and keep trying your last minute remedies for the last chance saloon of baby starting to labour naturally! It is a very anxious time for you but try and use today to do nice relaxing things if you can - ie treat yourself to a nice mag, eat a big bar of choc, go for a long walk, or even clean out cupboards (nesting!).

Even with being induced when you are on a drip, you can move around to an extent - I was on a birthing ball in the early stages. Its only if you get to the drugs that you are then really stuck on the bed.

Is there anyway that your MW can try and do another S&S today?

kentDee Sat 09-Aug-08 07:52:29

On Wed I had a student midwife doing a sweep, and then the actual midwife too but it was unsuccessful. To be honest it was so o o painful for me aswell, that I dont think I could handle another one today!

Better put on my walking shoes and see if that works today! By the way, how long did you stay in hospital for after being induced?

Kizzipoppet Sat 09-Aug-08 08:09:42

My DS was born at 3am... I was out 12 hours later at 3pm!!! On hindsight that was way to early as I could have done with more BF help on the ward before they let me go.

pudding25 Sat 09-Aug-08 13:14:30

I was induced on the Fri, dd born sunday very early, went home Tues (could have gone Mond but they just wanted to keep eye on me).

To be honest, I had a great experience, but I always wanted lots of drugs in hospital.
When I got out of hospital, I was up and about immediately. I had a pretty much totally pain free birth (apart from the beginning) due to the epidural.

You may still go into labour at home but I think you will be much happier if you chill out as much as possible today and go with the flow. The most important thing is that your baby is born safely and is healthy.
Good luck whatever happens.

HelenBabyHToBe Sat 09-Aug-08 15:03:33

i am due tomorrow. i had a membrane sweep 2 nights ago on wed night but altho have had mild cramping last night today i am fine so didnt seem to have worked!!

my consultant is leaving to go on hols next weekend so am due to go in for induction this wed 13th at 4pm....4 days after EDD. Hoping baby comes before then and am not 100% decided should i go in for induction as only 4 days overdue but trust consultant and would prefer her to be on hand should anything go wrong. who knows what to do - difficult...prob could presuade myself either way.
i totally understand you induction fears - some people have fab exper and r all for it...others are totally against it due to increased risk of assisted delivery and or it taking longer in their particular experience. really difficult to know isnt it.....maybe just see how it all goes hey?!

kentDee Sat 09-Aug-08 22:32:05

Thanks for your messages. Have been out walking again today and done some serious housework in an attempt to bring on labour, but so far no joy. Think I will just have to see how it all goes tomorrow and like pudding25 said, the important thing is the safe arrival of my little girl. will let you know of any news. Good luck HBHTB for wed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now