Talk

Advanced search

am i in pre-labour?!

(8 Posts)
HelenBabyHToBe Fri 08-Aug-08 13:14:40

hi !
had membrane sweep 40 hours ago and now in past hour have been feeling tightening in my lower tummy area. baby is kicking with each one...do babies kick with contractions?! i have felt 'heavy' in pelvic are esp in past 5 days and now am wondering is this a sign it is coming soon?! this is my first baby obv so would appreciate any opinions!
thanks
h

HelenBabyHToBe Fri 08-Aug-08 13:15:06

PS am due sunday 10th august !

drjane Fri 08-Aug-08 13:49:54

Yep - that sounds like it could be it! I had a also sweep which brought on labour about 24 hrs later and I seem to remember it starting with a tightening feeling. After a couple of hours it was unmistakable...

drjane Fri 08-Aug-08 13:52:19

Did you have a 'show' at all?

HelenBabyHToBe Sat 09-Aug-08 00:39:39

yes had a show i think 2 weeks ago. tightening still happening. stopped for 3 hrs but has returned now

Pah Sat 09-Aug-08 00:44:47

hi helen.
sounds like things are starting to happen.
how exciting! smile
try and get some rest if you can.

MarsLady Sat 09-Aug-08 00:52:45

Helen, go to bed and try not to focus on the tightenings. It could still go on for a few days (I know that's not what you want to hear... sorry!).

Make sure that you eat, drink, pee and sleep. If it continues in the morning then sort your photo albums, watch a comedy. Anything to take your mind off of it (whilst remembering to eat, drink, pee and rest).

Hopefully you'll be posting your birth announcement soon!

HelenBabyHToBe Sat 09-Aug-08 15:05:18

aww thanks guys. sat avo now and pains have gone. they were there for few hours last night but have disappeared. still feel heavyish down in pelvic floor but no more tightenings. gosh - wonder when it will all happen?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now