Talk

Advanced search

If you were induced before does it mean you're likely to be induced again?

(5 Posts)
LadyOfWaffle Fri 08-Aug-08 11:33:41

DS was born 10 days overdue after being induced (I didn't even get BH with him though) and this time, although I have felt BHs for weeks, pressure below, back ache etc. nothing seems to be happening (although it is only my due date today) I just feel like I will be induced again. Do some peoples bodies just not go into labour that well? I was certain I would actually be early (just sort of felt it) and now days are flying by with nothing happening! Er, so back to the Q, are some people just prone to not being able to really go into labour themselves? Thanks

lulumama Fri 08-Aug-08 14:41:01

virtually every woman can go into spontaneous labour, just might not be until 42 weeks. majority of women give birth after their due date.

you do not have to agree to being induced again, wait and see , especially if you are only term today.

LadyOfWaffle Fri 08-Aug-08 16:29:17

I dunno why I just feel like I am unable or something! I am already booked for stretch and sweep (15th). I don't mind terribly being induced, i'd be more worried about the whole placenta losing function etc. esp. since my dates were very hazy (was due 7/7).

pudding25 Fri 08-Aug-08 20:56:07

I know people who were induced the first time and then it happened naturally the second.

Or my friend who had 2 the usual way and had to be induced for no 3!

Good luck

bubbles4 Fri 08-Aug-08 20:59:31

I was induced for first two but spontaneous labour for second two although both were overdue,good luck for the 15th.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now