Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help bump pain... @33 weeks

(4 Posts)
nellyonthetelly Thu 07-Aug-08 22:55:56

My bump has been really painful all day now, particularly at the sides. This is my 2nd pregnancy so I know its not contractions. But making walking, moving difficult and at times so sharp I've yelped out. Don't remember anything like this last time. I'm hoping that its just the baby getting into position - made worse by braxton hicks / coping with a toddler... but am slightly concerned that baby maybe distressed. Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

jollyjolly Thu 07-Aug-08 23:05:14

i had pains like this but lower down and more central and it hurt every time i moved, Could be baby getting into position, but to be honest it might be worth getting up to the hospital just so they can check, or trying to get a midwife appointment for tomorrow so they can suggest the next step.

I was always dubious about wasting the hospitals time but soon realised that baby comes first no matter what. I waited a couple of days before going in wheni noticed a slight lack of fetal movement, not lots but less than normal, and they had a go at me!

It doesn't sound like anything abnormal, i don't want to worry you, but its worth getting checked.

bethoo Thu 07-Aug-08 23:10:56

if it is similar to a stitch i have the same thing too on both sides, usually when i walk! could be ligaments stretching as baby grows a lb a week now!

nellyonthetelly Thu 07-Aug-08 23:17:49

Thanks for your help - think if its still here in the morning I'll phone midwife. XX

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now