Talk

Advanced search

Harrogate District - anyone with experience of this hospital?

(4 Posts)
Worthog Thu 07-Aug-08 22:38:18

This is my local hospital and has an excllent rating.

I am 36 weeks pregnant with my first, am classed as high risk and under consultant led care. Have had a recent bad experience when I had to contact delivery suite for advice.

Can anyone offer any reassurance that this was a one off, as I am now very nervous and considering requesting a different hospital.

Thanks

Worthog Sat 09-Aug-08 20:06:27

Anyone?

limey119 Mon 11-Aug-08 14:41:34

Hi Worthog!

I'm 29 weeks pregnant and booked in at Harrogate too so thought I'd try to reassure you a litte .

At 20 weeks I had to spend 4 nights on the delivery suite observation ward after a (painless) heavy bleed. When I phoned the delivery suite in a mad panic at 6am they told me to come straight in and when I arrived I was taken very seriously and seen straight away. During the 4 days on the ward (during which I bled heavily again several times) the staff were great and very reassuring, letting me listen to the baby's heartbeat several times a day and just being generally friendly and supportive.

It turned out that the bleeding was caused by a severe cervical ecropion and it wasn't putting the baby in danger which was a relief to say the least!

I've had good feedback about Harrogate from people who have had their babies there and my own recent experience has led me to feel confident that when the time arrives the staff will do their best for us.

Have you been to parentcraft classes or had a tour of the ward? They may help reassure you.

Hope this helps and that everything goes well for you!

bettythebuilder Mon 11-Aug-08 15:00:31

Well it was a while ago now (over 5 years!) but I had my dd at Harrogate hospital, and the care was very good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now