Talk

Advanced search

peeing in labour!

(14 Posts)
damdaffs Wed 06-Aug-08 14:20:00

just curious to know if anyone else found themselves peeing during strong contractions? I made a right mess of the floor which was ironic as i found it nearly impossible to go when on the toilet blush. i'm TTC second child now and find my thoughts drifting back to the 'joys' of labour...so am i a freak or are there other 'pee-ers' out there?

bubblagirl Wed 06-Aug-08 15:16:12

yes i did i was sick and weeing the joys and fond memories smile

beansmum Wed 06-Aug-08 15:24:06

I couldn't pee at all! Had to be catheterised in the end, I was convinced my bladder was about to burst.

wabbit Wed 06-Aug-08 15:42:05

not a pee-er here... could imagine next time i'd be more likely to pee though!

poppy34 Wed 06-Aug-08 15:45:01

not really as was so sick didn't have anything left to pee...

SixSpotBurnet Wed 06-Aug-08 15:47:45

Same as beansmum! Happened in all three labours!

reban Wed 06-Aug-08 15:57:41

Strangley no i had to get up and go for a wee when in labour with dc3 as my full bladder was stopping me being able to push him out!

SpecialOffer Wed 06-Aug-08 15:59:53

I peed as well.... you are not alone!!

damdaffs Wed 06-Aug-08 19:31:23

well thanks everyone for that, very illuminating! funny i was actually catheterised too at the end, before pushing, so the peeing on the floor must've been much earlier - tis all a blur as i was off my face with the pain - anyway, if i do succeed in another pregnancy i'll feel free to spray the room! BTW, Wabbit i think i know what you mean my bladder is pretty much shot to bits now...next stop tena lady pads...sad

mummy2t Fri 08-Aug-08 21:24:29

i didnt pee, i just farted big time when i was pushing lol {blush}

PotPourri Fri 08-Aug-08 21:28:40

Message withdrawn

ReallyTired Fri 08-Aug-08 22:35:10

There so much mess when you give birth that I don't think anyone cares about a bit of piss.

I pooed (involunarily) as well during the second stage of labour. shock blush

Thankfully no poo got on my baby though.

I expect that midwife must have thought I was completely untoilet trained.

damdaffs Sat 09-Aug-08 07:09:26

yes have to admit i pooed at the end of the second stage. and my DH told me it wasn't me making a whiff, it was just that he had farted, he was trying to save my embarrassment, tho at that stage i didnt really care. Nice thought tho grin...

DanJARMouse Sat 09-Aug-08 07:15:29

dd1 - Catheterised.

dd2 - can vividly remember crying "im weeing on my baby" as I delivered her - but was told i wasnt, it was just the waters, i dont believe them! Apparently I pooed too but I dont remember, DH just tells me!

ds - didnt wee at all, no poo either. Remember going to the loo about 15mins after he was born though as needed to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now