Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about nipple stimulation

(11 Posts)
FoghornLeghorn Tue 05-Aug-08 17:40:09

How exactly ? How often ? Does it work ?

FoghornLeghorn Tue 05-Aug-08 19:03:21

Anyone ?

RubySlippers Tue 05-Aug-08 19:04:32

you need lulumama!

do a search on the archives with her name the words nipple stimulation - i am sure a GAZILLION threads will appear

grin

notnowbernard Tue 05-Aug-08 19:06:39

I was instructed to do it by my midwife during labour with dd1

I'd reached transition but everything sort of slowed up... think she was a bit worried it might slow up too much

So she got me in an upright position (in the pool) and left me to fiddle with my nips grin

Who knows whether it worked or not, but I started the pushing stage not long after

FoghornLeghorn Tue 05-Aug-08 19:26:22

OK will search now

FoghornLeghorn Tue 05-Aug-08 19:35:14

Ha ha 178 threads where Lulu mentions nip stim grin

GordonTheGopher Tue 05-Aug-08 19:36:51

I'm sure I was told you have to do it for 2 hours (YAWN) for it to actually have any effect.

MKG Tue 05-Aug-08 19:53:55

You could do it with a breast pump, or get your partner to get in their and do it for you. A little foreplay never hurt anybody anyway.

lulumama Tue 05-Aug-08 19:56:21

only 178, Pah ! i am slipping

bit of nipple stim, sex and/or stimulation to get you to orgasm.. nipple stim with a breast pump also helpful

you can wait to get a few niggles and stim away when they arrive.

in the meantime, sex, relaxation , visualisatio

Olihan Tue 05-Aug-08 20:08:28

I did it when I was overdue with dd and I didn't go into labour but I was 4cm dilated when I went in to be induced, so it did make a difference. It took 8 hours for the induction to work so she really wasn't keen on coming out!

I did it the day after ds2 was due and went into labour immediately! I'd seen the mw in the afternoon and he wasn't engaged or anything so I couldn't even have a sleep - I did the nipple stim from 10-11pm, went to bed, had a contraction just after I got into bed, another 6 mins later, another 4 mins later, thenm they went to 2 mins apart and he was born at 1am. So I'd say it works grin.

I used a breast pump (felt too weird to do it myself!) and did 15mins on one side, 15 mins on the other the swapped over so I'd done an hour. It's boring and the colostrum goes everywhere. Apparently you shouldn't do both sides at a time because it can distress the baby.

It does induce quite string twinges after you've been going for a bit. I had to stop for a bit as it got too painful. They do ease when you stop, unless it puts you into labour!

It's worth trying as it gives you something to do but like all DIY induction things, it'll only work if you're ready to go into labour anyway.

FoghornLeghorn Tue 05-Aug-08 21:52:35

Oh I might try it with the breast pump then, not sure I know what to do otherwise !
DH will wonder what on earth is going on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now