Talk

Advanced search

How long were you wearing maternity clothes for after birth?

(42 Posts)
MyDingaling Mon 04-Aug-08 14:20:35

Not sure this is the right place.

I have just had DD2 (13 days ago)and I can't get into any prepregnancy clothes. I know it is very early but I am sure after DD1 I could get into something.

Please do not reply if you walked out of hospital in your size 8 jeans wink

kiskidee Mon 04-Aug-08 14:22:37

ok, I won't reply. wink grin

chinchi Mon 04-Aug-08 14:23:17

Not size 8 but 10

Joking aside I was quite lucky last time around and was back in my normal jeans the following week (maybe they had stretched in the wash)!

I know it can take a while for some people though so try not to worry too much, and congratulatons on the birth of your DD!

MadameCheese Mon 04-Aug-08 14:24:41

Er, 16 weeks and still counting, but then I have put on 2.5 stones!!!! Frankly I don't care at the mo, but then that's not very helpful to you is it? - sorry. However helpfully my mum keeps telling me about all the super-slim new mums she keeps seeing....

FloriaTosca Mon 04-Aug-08 14:29:40

Ha Ha. I just wish!
Dont wish to depress you, I'm sure you are a lot younger, fitter and more determined to get your fgure back than me...but my ds is now 10mths old and I still can't get back in my pre pregnacy clothes...the tops I forgive myself as I'm still bfing..but the trousersblushwont go near me and I'm wearing my maternity ones or skirts to cover the still preggy looking belly....I'm sure I'll get the will power to lose it...one day....
On a positive note for you, all my friends at the baby groups were looking trim again by the time their babies were 4 months old. I'm sure you will be too.

lakelandfirsttime Mon 04-Aug-08 14:36:03

13 days? I wouldn't worry just yet!
I've not had our little one yet (due in 4 weeks) but I'm not expecting to get anywhere near my pre-pregnancy clothes for a good 4/5 months. I've put on loads of weight during my pregnancy although couldn't say how much as I'm too scared to get on the scales! I really can't understand it though, as I've kept to a well balanced diet throughout... Everyone keeps telling me it's water retention and I'm just praying that they're right!

MadameCheese Mon 04-Aug-08 14:38:29

FloriaTosca you make me feel like I'm not alone, thank you!

dinkystinky Mon 04-Aug-08 14:40:31

I was in maternity clothes for at least 7 weeks after birth of DS - and then ended up buying some clothes a couple of sizes bigger than my usual size to wear for the next couple of months. Fortunately just about managed to fit into my normal clothes by the time I went back to work when DS was 6 months.... was surprised it took so long (especially as my best friend is one of those annoying lucky ladies who pings straight back into pre-maternity clothes the day after birth) but did put on 3.5 stone (lost 1 stone of that in the birth)...

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 04-Aug-08 14:41:25

About 2 weeks I think, although I wore my non pg jeans until I was about 24 weeks pg so I think I stretched them somewhat! I also didn't put on a lot on weight during the pregnancy.

MadameOvary Mon 04-Aug-08 14:42:26

A good three months! Go easy on yourself smile

MadameOvary Mon 04-Aug-08 14:42:29

A good three months! Go easy on yourself smile

suey2 Mon 04-Aug-08 14:58:48

i reckon it was about 4 months.

bohemianbint Mon 04-Aug-08 17:19:09

Bloody ages, then ended up buying clothes that were about 3 sizes bigger than my pre-preg size. sad After a year I was still a stone heavier than pre-preg weight - and then I got knocked up again.

Am hoping sensible eating whilst BF will help this time.

laura325630 Mon 04-Aug-08 17:23:06

dd is 8 weeks old on Wednesday I have only just got into a pair of non maternity cropped trousers. They are 2 sizes bigger then my norm though!!

pistachio Mon 04-Aug-08 17:30:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bohemianbint Mon 04-Aug-08 17:32:41

Oh, just to add, I put on 4 stones with DS, so when I tried pre-preg clothes a month or so after having him I wanted to top myself. Not really recommended. wink

findtheriver Mon 04-Aug-08 17:35:58

OMG you lot are measuring in months!! For some of us it's years!!

HeadFairy Mon 04-Aug-08 17:36:43

I must have been huge because I put on over 4 and a half stone when I was pg, I lost 2 and a half in the two weeks after ds was born... I then lost another stone in the following two months and the remaining stone took me about 7 months and was a killer to shift. Finally got in to pre preg clothes (which weren't tiny in the first place!) at about 9 months, though might have managed it earlier but I was too scared to try them

MrsMattie Mon 04-Aug-08 17:38:47

A good few weeks if I remember rightly. Put on 4 stone and was in a size 18 for about 4 or 5 months afterwards (usually a size 12). Weight started to come off naturally after about 6 months, but I wasn't back to a size 12 until some time into my son's second year of life. I had a c-section, btw.

takingitasitcomes Mon 04-Aug-08 17:39:29

About three weeks before a few things fit and I felt like I was at an ok size to live with for a while... ds is 3 months now and I've still not been brave enough to try my old jeans. Might never do so. Will probably feel better about myself if I just go out and buy some nice new ones sometime. (Enjoying filling my tops out properly now - being bigger comes with some benefits!) Anyhow... hope you feel better having read that you are not alone smile

MyDingaling Mon 04-Aug-08 18:21:07

Thank you, maybe I was being far too optinistic thinking I could get back into my clothes so soon!

LadyThompson Mon 04-Aug-08 18:35:04

Look sweetie, I'm 23 weeks and it's not my bump that's the problem, it's the fat thighs, fat arse and bingo wings that I seem to have accumulated. I haven't overeaten and I still go to the gym, but I know darn well that this lot ain't shifting in a hurry. I might have a smaller tummy after but it won't help me get my trousers past my knees.

mrswoolf Mon 04-Aug-08 19:38:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FrannyandZooey Mon 04-Aug-08 19:41:43

2.5 weeks and counting
haven't tried yet - I know nothing will fit

macaco Tue 05-Aug-08 10:00:22

bout 2 or 3 weeks but then didn't go to term and had lost weight from puking at the beginning.

think 13 days is early to be in normal clothes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now