Talk

Advanced search

First Pregnancy Movement

(8 Posts)
Expectantmum Thu 10-Feb-05 09:14:52

Ladies

What is the usual for first signs of movement? Am 20 weeks now, and although I have the occasional "bubbles" every couple of days over the last week, haven't felt anything and am abit worried as a girl I work with is 19 weeks into her first pregnancy and reckons she feels movement every day?

Reassurance please ladies

Tessiebear Thu 10-Feb-05 09:18:15

Those bubbling feelings will become more frequent and soon turn into definate "kicks" soon. With my 1st pregnancy i didnt really feel much until about 21/22 weeks

katzguk Thu 10-Feb-05 09:21:43

first baby not much until 20-22 weeks this time with number two much earlier. but it does depend on where your placenta is if it is on the front then it can act as a shield to the kicks! don't worry inn few weeks you'll be complaining about being kept awake by a kicking baby i know i did!!

Kelly1978 Thu 10-Feb-05 09:27:05

During my first preg I was about 20 weeks when I got those bubbling feelings, sounds normal to me. Kazgut is right about the position of the placenta too.
This time it's twins and I felt them at about 14 weeks, and I'm def full of moans when they keep me awake all night!!

Expectantmum Thu 10-Feb-05 09:27:41

Am just worried because I'm poorly with a cold (and feeling very sorry for myself ) but not really had any feeling since the weekend and I know, I'm probably being silly, but a friend of mine the other day went for her 12 weeks scan, and the baby had died at 10 weeks and I guess its just put big worries in the back of my mind.

Kelly1978 Thu 10-Feb-05 09:38:31

Aww I can see why you are worrying then. It's really too early to worry about feeling movement all the time though. take care of yourself, and I'm sure you will be fine.

Expectantmum Thu 10-Feb-05 10:05:06

Thanks Kelly .

Isn't it amazing how protective you feel over something so early on?

Kelly1978 Thu 10-Feb-05 10:35:14

I know what you mean, I was told I had miscarried with dd, and spent so much time worrying. Even now if the twins go quiet I keep poking them to kick just for reassurance, poor things. Before you know it though, they're out and screaming the hosue down every evening!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now