Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

booked n for elec. c-section

(8 Posts)
charlie95 Wed 09-Feb-05 19:50:19

saw consultant today - 2nd pgcy, 34 wks now - booked in for c-section on 16 march, 6 days before due date.

consultant did not object at all, i mumbled on all my worries and reasons for doing so as he wrote in book and half felt he wasnt listening but suddenly said "we'll book you in for 17 march" to which my reply was blankly "for......?????" "a caesarean section of course" he said! but had to make the 16th instead. which is fine by me.

baby is actually breech atm and was 2 wks ago in scan. we know what we're having too!

dreading going in mind and leaving ds at home, although theres plenty of support/help at home here, and i know he'll be looked after but just the thought of missing him.

Amanda3266 Wed 09-Feb-05 19:53:56

Hi charlie

Don't know your history but you sound relieved about the section. Hope all goes well for you. I ended up with a section after my baby (now 2) refused to present himself to the world. It was fine and I had a quick recovery - would definitely consider another section.

Your ds will be fine but I know just what you mean about missing him - I was invited on a course in August (residential) and have turned it down as I can't bear the thought of leaving DS for a whole week!

beachyhead Wed 09-Feb-05 19:55:16

ah, same bday as my ds - still you've missed st paddys day by a whisker

Cristina7 Wed 09-Feb-05 19:59:01

That's my due date but have also been considering a c/s these past few days, due to gestational diabetes and general worry about these last few weeks of pg. I also have a DS (5).

I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Good luck.

charlie95 Wed 09-Feb-05 20:03:33

my due date is 22nd, my dads bday 24th - he's hoping it'll be born around then. i think not.

i am relieved now - i do want it over and done with so we can come home and carry living with as normal routine as possible for ds sake. he has some SEN due to major medical problems after birth. aged 4 yrs now.

i had em/section on ds although was in full blown labour whole day or more. i don't want to go through what i did then - induced, slept most thru labour after pethidine, had spinal block for attempt at ventouse, failed then ready for section immediately after that. of which didnt help ds problems anyway.

Amanda3266 Wed 09-Feb-05 20:05:34

Oh charlie - what a dreadful time your last labour sounds. Here's to a nice, planned and supported caesarean this time.

Mandy

Cristina7 Wed 09-Feb-05 20:13:12

That sounds awful, Charlie. My son also had a traumatic start, Apgar score 2 at birth but went up to 7 at 5 minutes (forceps delivery, bruised face, couldn't b/f properly). When he was diagnosed profoundly deaf at 8 months I immediately thought it must have been due to the birth. It wasn't (it's due to connexin 26, a faulty gene which both I and my DH carry, like 4% of the population, and he got both faulty genes from us, 1 in 4 risk of this happening), but we only found that out 6 months later, I kept wondering and feeling guilty until then.

charlie95 Wed 09-Feb-05 20:16:28

thanks.

well like i said to consultant i know what to expect from section and can prepare for it, it needn't be rushed like last ime, less stress on baby and me in some ways and i'm really not too worried about the actual op. just know i'll be emotional wreck going in, whilst in and coming home ,which is why i want it over and done with. try to look forward to life with new baby.

i do think nice thoughts though about being back after shes born and doing nice normal things - nice new pushchair, new clothes, new bottles, feeidng, going out for walks, more shopping....!!! spend spend spend. thats one of hobbies!!! dh dreads me going shopping. not that bad but does like a bargain or two !!

atm we got a lot going on here loft conversion in process , well neary finished, then its organising new blinds for that, painter coming to do that and other rooms and new carpets.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now