Talk

Advanced search

Am I in labour??!

(9 Posts)
CalE Sat 26-Jul-08 07:18:08

Morning all! I'm 40+6 and woke up this morning feeling a bit out of sorts. Have been going to the loo very frequently since about 5am and have tummy ache that comes and goes. Also, I've been suffering from heartburn for several weeks now and the only thing that helps is to eat regularly, but when I eat I just end up on the loo again!

Does this sound to anyone as though labour is starting, or is it just a tummy upset? Really wary of getting too geared up for labour if that isn't what it is!! All comments gratefully received.

x

OneLieIn Sat 26-Jul-08 07:20:42

Is your tummy ache regularly coming and going? I am no expert, but it all sounds exciting. There are some on here who are experts though....<bump>

Are you excited??

electricluluarella Sat 26-Jul-08 07:23:19

might be! who knows? grin have a bath, and potter round, your body will soon let you know if this is 'it', conserve your energy, eat and drink lightly, wee & poo when you need to and wait !

loler Sat 26-Jul-08 07:24:51

That's how I started - sounds promising. Give it a few more hours and you'll know for sure!

Good luck, what a lovely day to have a baby.

CalE Sat 26-Jul-08 07:31:24

Thanks girlies! Yep, the tummy ache does come and go although I also feel a bit sick too. I'm liking the bath idea, have just put the boiler on in readiness. I think I'll go for lie down and see what develops.

I am excited, but mainly feeling nervous!

Thanks!

electricbarbarella Sat 26-Jul-08 07:52:17

how exciting, enjoy your bath, make it lovely and long, it may be your last for a while. smile

CalE Sun 27-Jul-08 14:09:41

Well, after all the expectation, nothing happened yesterday whatsoever. By midnight tho I was going to the loo every hour and having tummy ache on and off. This ended up in me calling triage at 3am for some advice about whether I was actually in labour or if it was just a bug. The midwife was really nice, but I felt such a wally. When I woke this morning the pains had gone tho tummy still gurgling.

I feel so silly, I guess it was some sort of bug after all. I'm really surprised cos normally my constitution is very hardy!

LoveMyGirls Sun 27-Jul-08 14:11:39

got to be any day now though. so still very exciting!

99redballoons Sun 27-Jul-08 20:29:59

Could be the start.. my sis was on and off like this for 5 days before baby made an appearance! With both of mine it started with a low ache, like a period pain and just gradually built up until it was eventually a contraction. You might find the sleep settled things down and it'll come back again. As LMG says it'll be any day now. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

PS. I was 40+5 and 40+9 with both of mine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now