Talk

Advanced search

Bounty: Did you know about them before you gave birth?

(47 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Fri 25-Jul-08 17:55:24

Message withdrawn

FeelingDeviant Fri 25-Jul-08 17:59:14

Never mind before giving birth, don;t know who they are having given birth a year ago.
Who are Bounty?

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 25-Jul-08 18:01:58

Message withdrawn

Divvy Fri 25-Jul-08 18:04:35

They do go for the hard sell on new mums on the wards dont they! hmm

The pictures are quite exspensive too! shock

Anglepoise Fri 25-Jul-08 18:06:39

Yeah - we got a free pack for getting PG. It's about 90% leaflets and I've been pestered ever since!

theinsider Fri 25-Jul-08 18:10:15

My experience was good. Just gave details (which had already done prior to delivery via leaflet in pack from midwife during pregnancy), then she gave me about 8 full-size packs of wipes, several full-size packs of nappies and various other goodies. She bustled in and bustled out pretty quickly.

I had no problem giving my details (as I say, again) as dh and I had decided during pregnancy we had no issue "selling" dc's details to any business for a few freebies. grin It's no different to boots baby club etc imo. Though I never had anything to do with photos.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 25-Jul-08 18:10:52

Message withdrawn

Midge25 Fri 25-Jul-08 18:11:06

Total nightmare people. The Bounty lady walked in on me having a contraction on all fours and I'd rather she'd kept hold of her sample-size Sudocrem and f*ed off!!! angry

Midge25 Fri 25-Jul-08 18:11:29

Had never heard of them before that!

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 25-Jul-08 18:12:15

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 25-Jul-08 18:14:04

Message withdrawn

theinsider Fri 25-Jul-08 18:14:05

Looks like I'm in the minority grin

But maybe my ward was quite good generally. Whilst on the ward waiting for induction to kick in a volunteer came round and offered me a massage. 20 minutes foot massage - lovely. I grew to like strange women poking their heads round my curtains.

FeelingDeviant Fri 25-Jul-08 18:15:29

No, didn't have a home birth.
Vaguely remember some leaflets and a free nappy or two but that's it. No photos.
We live in Islington, London, so maybe not infiltrated into our particular health authority ... yet

ThinWhiteDuchess Fri 25-Jul-08 18:15:38

Hadn't heard of them before I gave birth. Have been pestered by them ever since though. They phoned 3 times this weekend. The first couple of times my DH answered and thought they sounded quite aggressive. When they called the 3rd time I anwered. Can't remember what they were trying to flog, but found them to be rude and aggressive too -- with the added "but, we're Bounty" note to infer that they are a reputable company I should want to be dealing with. I told them to bugger off (maybe not quite like that!) and asked them to remove my name from their database.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 25-Jul-08 18:16:02

Message withdrawn

mazzystar Fri 25-Jul-08 18:17:01

I told them to bog off with their crummy photos, presumptive manner and bags of a single single breast pad and evil chemical baby bath

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 25-Jul-08 18:18:25

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 25-Jul-08 18:19:59

Message withdrawn

kiskidee Fri 25-Jul-08 18:24:41

Bounty Lady barged in with me in the HDU and asked me my name and date of birth. I told her that if she did not already know those details then she had no right to know them.

She said who she was so I told her i wasn't interested.

She was bloody lucky that less than 24 hrs before I was having dd ventoused out of me while on the verge of an eclamptic fit. Otherwise I would have personally kicked her arse out the door.

Who the f*ck decided that a lady like me needed to be marketed to in that condition?

hughjarssss Fri 25-Jul-08 18:24:54

I had a lovely bounty lady who appeared in my cubicle the day after dd was born.
She asked if I had five minutes to spare and I said yes as I was bored silly waiting for dp to arrive.
She was really funny, took a beautiful picture of dd, which I still love to this day.
When a couple of the other mum's said they didn't want to talk she didn't hassle them and she never took their packs away.
I've never heard from bounty since.

mazzystar Fri 25-Jul-08 18:26:34

first time, had no idea who she was, but the minute she waved a camera said no thanks
the second time i was better prepared§

Divvy Fri 25-Jul-08 18:27:31

They also do there own brand of the child fund saving thingy....so you get pestered for that as well, the one thats £250 voucher.

bergentulip Fri 25-Jul-08 18:30:02

I just had the bag of goodies dumped on the end of the bed.
Fine by me. Never heard from them again.
(St Thomas' )

chandellina Fri 25-Jul-08 18:33:06

i am going out of my way not to sign up for anything, or give out my details - i don't want to enter the baby/child marketing machine.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 25-Jul-08 20:32:48

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now