Talk

Advanced search

small leak of fluid + will i need to be induced?

(2 Posts)
beka277 Sun 20-Jul-08 04:26:00

Woke up this morning with a small leak...not enough to wet the bed, but enough to change my undies 3 times!!! also a bit blood streaked so think it was more of the show too...
the midwife seems to think it could be a hinwater leak and if no contractions then wants me to go for a check up in the morning....my question is...although it was only a small leak and it has now stopped (midwife seems to think the head could be blocking it) will i still need to be induced?? or can this be avoided because it is only a small leak? I dont want to be induced!!

egypt Sun 20-Jul-08 06:57:27

I had this too. But, much less than you. Hardly any really, but they checked the fluid to see if it was amniotic - it wasn't. I was gutted. I then went 2 weeks more before biving birth. Mine was slightly bloody too. Had a proper show before I really went into labour though.

So, I dont think they will induce you unless it continues and it is amniotic, which prob is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now