Talk

Advanced search

period like pains - how long till labour

(6 Posts)
beka277 Sat 19-Jul-08 14:08:00

40 + 5 today and keep getting stomach ache / period like pain on and off for last week. Usually it only lasts an hour or so but today it lasted for abt 6 hours then stopped again and now my stomach keeps tightening ...im guessing this is braxton hicks...

With my first I had no signs/pains...my water broke then obvious contractions started...there was no braxton hicks or period like pain beforehand.

Anyone else experienced the period like pain and does it mean labour is close? How close was it for you? If its not labour, then what is it!?? Help! Im going crazy!!

Hannah81 Sat 19-Jul-08 16:28:08

on DS2 i went straight into labour, but with DS2 i had period pains for a few days, really bad the day b4 i went into labour, so i'm hoping it wont be too long for you now - i went a week over on DS2 and its not fun is it?!
good luck, hope all goes to plan!

MissDown Sat 19-Jul-08 16:28:31

If you are still around I had period like cramps with my first for about a week too. they were bearable and very few n far between untill the day before he was born, it was just a cramp before that but then it became a cramp and tightening.
Mine never stopped on the day before he was born like they had been and got progressivly worse.
He was born the next day.

at 40 + 5 it may be worth getting checked out if you not sure or uncomfortable.

MadameCheese Sat 19-Jul-08 16:31:15

I'm of no help as i can't remember what happened to me but I'd just like to wish you all the best

beka277 Sun 20-Jul-08 13:56:38

thanks hannah,missdown + madame! im getting checked out tommorrow morning! might have a slow leak in my waters - am hoping not though as dont want to be induced!!! havent had any period like pains today!!! am hoping they will start again tonight and progress in to the real thing! had a few shows today so im sure its getting close....just how close, who knows!!......(waiting waiting waiting....)

Hannah81 Sun 20-Jul-08 15:38:59

Hope all goes well!
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now