Talk

Advanced search

What noises did you make in labour?

(68 Posts)
Divvy Fri 18-Jul-08 20:22:52

I have been to the labour ward a few times lately, and have heard women screaming. Out of control, and in alot of pain, by the sound of it.

What noises did you make during labour?

I tend to moo once the baby is out for some reason!

unfitmother Fri 18-Jul-08 20:25:39

Aaaaaahhhh!!

Unconscious for 2 of the deliveries though.

meep Fri 18-Jul-08 20:26:52

I moo'd before the baby came out!

smartiejake Fri 18-Jul-08 20:27:03

I found that humming loudly helped until my dh told me to be quiet as it was embarrasing him!

chankins Fri 18-Jul-08 20:27:32

grunted and groaned a lot and really really screamed with the whole pushing bit (except for with dd2 because it was in the water and she just shot out !) with the other two I took great pleasure in screaming the place down, it actually helped I think !

barbamama Fri 18-Jul-08 20:27:49

Loud shouting and screaming.

ChasingSquirrels Fri 18-Jul-08 20:27:58

ds1, screamed uncontrollable, was told several times by the m/w that I would be better directing my energies elsewhere - I didn't register her telling me this. I was heard by someone in the car park .
ds2, very little as I recall.

Sawyer64 Fri 18-Jul-08 20:28:11

My DH was using his Palm -thingy hmmwhilst I was "busy" having contractions and sucking on the Gas and Air,his voice recorder bit came on,unknown to us at the time,but later we listened and I sounded like Darth Vadar!!

With DD1 I screamed the hospital down,I did feel sorry for all the other mums just starting,not a good advert for "controlled painfreehmm labour!

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 18-Jul-08 20:28:23

Mooing here

Plus random sobbing and ranting

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Fri 18-Jul-08 20:29:14

aeurghhhhhhhhh but not to loud - more of a level 14 on the tv volume oh and a bit of mooing too blush

Divvy Fri 18-Jul-08 20:30:06

So screaming does not mean you where out of control then? Just doing it your way?

maidamess Fri 18-Jul-08 20:30:14

I grunted like a goddam hog.

blowsy Fri 18-Jul-08 20:32:27

Bizarrely silent both times - had been looking forward to mooing.

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 18-Jul-08 20:33:16

None - MWs told me it would be easier if I used the energy to push. It worked for me, but both labours were very short. With DS2 I only pushed for 5 minutes!

<lucky cow emoticon>

Mamatastic Fri 18-Jul-08 20:35:03

I 'hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'ed through my contractions which really helped (learned at yoga) then screamed I think for the pushing bit in between shouting 'sorry I keep farting!!!'

blush

Sparkletastic Fri 18-Jul-08 20:35:15

Moo-ing and "Nooooooooooooo!!' with DD1, 'Arghhhhhhhh' with DD2 but she was out very quickly so was short-lived!!

GrinningGorilla Fri 18-Jul-08 20:35:27

During contractions I did several "la la la la la la" choruses, sing song styley, (my dp found that highly amusing)

expatinscotland Fri 18-Jul-08 20:36:32

cavewoman grunts.

snooks Fri 18-Jul-08 20:37:46

I remember hearing a wailing siren then realising it was me (was pushing at the time)

earlier on it was "fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck" ad infinitum.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 18-Jul-08 20:39:01

Message withdrawn

kama Fri 18-Jul-08 20:39:18

Message withdrawn

Screamed into the gas n air tube (at the end) think the rest of the time I was too busy sucking entonox desperately to make noise.

The poor lady next door screamed and screamed and screamed for ages. Lucky for me the pushing stage was short. I felt really sorry for her, everyone was wincing!

NorkyButNice Fri 18-Jul-08 20:41:38

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmm" interspersed with "Ow ow ow ow ow" whilst biting the edge of my Harry Potter book (which I refused to put down all the way through).

All very reserved and British stiff upper lip!

PhDlifeNeedsaNewLife Fri 18-Jul-08 20:44:01

Was quite grunty I think until after 2hrs of pushing when dr with GIGANTIC CONCRETE HANDS stuck them up my fanjo to ensure ds really wasn't coming out, at which point I began shouting OW OW FUCKING OW blush

lol at NBN's HP fixation

gem1981 Fri 18-Jul-08 20:49:34

I miaowed like cat - you know the really annoying noise they make at night usually under your bedroom window - kind of really whiny and low pitched???

DH thought it was HILARIOUS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now