Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Can't sleep. 37 weeks

(9 Posts)
nikkibrown Sun 06-Feb-05 06:27:25

I am 37 weeks pregnant with my second pregnancy. I've had to give up on sleeping after about 3-4 hours as I've got heartburn, too much going round in my head and I feel really hot. Anyone else experienced this?Is this a sign of labour beginning?I'm knackered already

Cristina7 Sun 06-Feb-05 06:40:23

I don't know about it being a sign of labour beginning, but it does sound like "normal" late-stage pregnancy to me. I'm 34 weeks and have had insomnia for months now. Mind you, I get bouts of it even when I'm not pg.

Leogaela Sun 06-Feb-05 08:49:23

I'm 35+ weeks and get really overheated and have to sleep with the window open even though its been down to -10 here. Also get insomnia on and off.

I think the last few weeks of waiting is going to be tough!

SPARKLER1 Sun 06-Feb-05 08:57:40

It's frustrating isn't it? You know that you only have a few more weeks of being able to sleep through the night before the night time feeds begin and you can't sleep. Easier said that done I know - just try and rest whenever you can no matter what time of day it is. That little one is going to take it out of you. <<<hugs>>>

singsong Sun 06-Feb-05 09:11:16

I was like this at 37 weeks but didn’t go into labour until 40 weeks. Also had to get up every hour anyway to wee. I got dh to put a big fan in the bedroom which was lovely and also put a rolled up duvet under the pillows and slept propped up to help the heartburn.

misdee Sun 06-Feb-05 09:16:52

i have a fan on in my bedroom at night. its noisey but keeps me cool.

Tommy Sun 06-Feb-05 10:06:43

Ah...remember it well. I used to get up and go and bake cakes - not really "nesting" - just bored and loking for things to do!

shalaa Mon 07-Feb-05 20:26:12

I'm 37wks and feeling exactly the same! Hearburn at night, can't get comfy, keep waking up and then feel like crap for the rest of the day. Really am loathing these last few weeks! I'm so snappy with everyone as well, and also no matter what I do or say I will be going through labour in the next few weeks which scares me!

Lonelymum Mon 07-Feb-05 20:54:24

I learnt how to sleep sitting up using one of those big bean bag cushions when my heartburn got too bad. Dh had to sleep elsewhere though! The great thing is, the heartburn goes immediately after the baby is born (of course) Such joy to be able to sleep flat!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: