Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

First period after birth/c section??

(8 Posts)
OatcakeCravings Tue 15-Jul-08 16:44:36

Hi,

When did you get your first period after giving birth / having a c section??

I had a section nearly 7 weeks ago, my lochia stopped 2-3 weeks ago but i haven't had a period yet. I'd really like one as I have really bad pmt at the moment (or maybe its just my hormomes settling down?).

SoupKitchen Tue 15-Jul-08 16:47:50

2 years latergrin
But only because I had a coil fitted 12 weeks after delivery

MmeBovary Tue 15-Jul-08 16:59:28

Min started after about 2.5 - 3 months - infact it was a year to the day of the last one....

OurHamsterisevil Tue 15-Jul-08 17:13:28

Mine was about 5 months. It may be your hormones settling still. It can feel like PMT. Behappy you have no AF for a little while

lulumama Tue 15-Jul-08 17:14:35

are you breast feeding?

TinkerBellesMum Tue 15-Jul-08 17:19:02

I had my first at around 6 months, wasn't regular till this year (still only "once a month") and then I got pregnant again. I'm nursing, it makes a big difference to your cycle.

OatcakeCravings Tue 15-Jul-08 20:58:30

Hi,

I'm not breastfeeding - no.

I just feel a bit teary and in a really bad mood, exactly like I feel the day or two before a period except I've been feeling like this for about two weeks and I think my poor husband has had enough!

TinkerBellesMum Wed 16-Jul-08 09:01:38

It probably is due, when I lost Lily-Hope (I was given pills to dry my milk) my cycle took around 6 weeks to return. It's probably just your body taking some time to return to normal. I found after the first one I slotted straight back into my normal cycle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now