Talk

Advanced search

Oh help - have been trying to turn OP baby for past 5 weeks....

(15 Posts)
Thankyouandgoodnight Mon 07-Jul-08 22:05:19

I'm now 39 weeks and despite doing everything 'right' for the past 5 weeks to try and turn baby, it's not having any of it. I'm terrified of the birth now!!!
Can anyone reassure me....about anything at all??

barey Mon 07-Jul-08 22:13:45

DS was OP (he turned during labour so wasn't aware before) and he came out without any problems. Had an 8 hour labour and no intervention - he did get a little bit stuck but he came out. No major tearing either! So don't worry - am sure it will all be fine. Good luck!

Wade Mon 07-Jul-08 22:15:15

Exactly the same experience as barey. Lots of them don't turn until you're in labour.

Wade Mon 07-Jul-08 22:15:50

Exactly the same experience as barey. Lots of them don't turn until you're in labour.

Thankyouandgoodnight Mon 07-Jul-08 22:16:03

Thanks for that - was the nasty back pain during the dilation phase or the pushing bit? I seemed to have it during the dilation phase with DD but she was never OP - hence my panic hmm

PictureThis Mon 07-Jul-08 22:16:28

DD was OP. I had 8 1/2 hour labour, she turned, came out no problem.

Wade Mon 07-Jul-08 22:16:38

Sorry, pressed 'post message' twice...

Wade Mon 07-Jul-08 22:17:27

dilation.

Thankyouandgoodnight Mon 07-Jul-08 22:19:36

Then maybe she was OP hmm. She definitely came out the right way round - the pain in my back was horrendous - like a deep ache that I couldn't get away from and never went away between contractions. I thought she was lying on her left hand side just before labour...

barey Tue 08-Jul-08 18:47:57

DS was OP when he came out. Had worst pain during dilation (but it is a bit of a blur to be fair) and remember lying sort of on my side with my leg round midwife's shoulder! Just a thoughtbut my friend's baby was breech until nearly the end of her pregnancy and she saw an osteopath who managed to turn the baby.

Minkus Wed 09-Jul-08 22:59:28

delivered ds2 last thursday, he was op during pg and delivered that way too. dilation more painful than with ds1, but no back pain to speak of and 4.5 hr labour with tens and gas n air so could have been much worse! dont fret too muchmight all be fine. soz for typos said ds is attachedto boob ::

hellabell Thu 10-Jul-08 20:02:11

DS (4months) was OP - kept getting told he might turn during labour, but still don't know if he did... he was born in about 40 minutes (not joking, I went from 0-5cm in about 2 hours, they were all for sending me home until I insisted on another exam at which point I was wheeched into labour suite pronto) It hurt like a bandit (and I've done it before), I was climbing the walls but managed it all with no pain relief (not really time to discuss it). Everything went great though, I bounced back v quickly and baby is a delight!

FrannyandZooey Thu 10-Jul-08 20:06:22

ds was born OP
the pain was quite bad - I mean, labour does hurt IME - but not horrific by any means

Thankyouandgoodnight Thu 10-Jul-08 21:09:49

Thank you for your positive replies - just what I need thank you smile

chocbiscuits Fri 11-Jul-08 01:32:38

Same me, Ds was perfect until 39 and a bit weeks when decided to go OP, spent week 41 never sitting on the sofa but doing a lot of kneeling - was REALLY uncomfy also vastly hot and was v. grumpy couldn't sit down on sofa as was trying to turn him back.
Induced 42 weeks, soon as went into labour waters broke, Ds twizzled round la di la!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now