Talk

Advanced search

C Section recovery?

(6 Posts)
Rachel12551 Tue 24-Nov-20 15:49:12

Hi

I had to have an emergency c section and was just wondering how long it usually takes for everything to heal and for your stomach to go back to normal? I'm only 1 week PP so not expecting to look the same just yet obviously but just wondering what's kind of normal?

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
Pinkhan135 Tue 24-Nov-20 18:47:08

Hello.
I had an emergency c section on 26th October and I'd say i started to feel better a week on. I'm 4 weeks now and I'd say I'm almost back to normal. Just keep taking your pain meds is all I can recommend.

lockdownpregnancy Tue 24-Nov-20 20:07:18

Hi OP took around 3 weeks for my stomach to go down and at least 3 weeks to feel relatively 'normal' again.
I was driving by week 4 and back to doing long walks with my dog. I waited until 6 weeks before I lifted anything heavier than my baby.
As pp said, keep on top of the pain meds.
Rest when you can but at the same time try and move around a little each day. Helps loads!
All the best 🥰

Doublebubblebubble Tue 24-Nov-20 22:42:02

I had my emcs 5 years ago but like @lockdownpregnancy mine was pretty similar time wise. It took me 11 days to walk because I was such a wimpy wimp though.

Csari Wed 25-Nov-20 13:09:59

Hi @Rachel12551 I felt that I healed pretty quickly, I was back to sports within 6 weeks. My stomach hasn't really ever been the same though as I ended up with a bit of a shelf.

Chanel05 Sun 29-Nov-20 16:51:48

I had a cat 1 emcs almost 11 weeks ago and I felt back to normal around 8 weeks. Still have a raging scar and pouch though.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in