Talk

Advanced search

Overdue- do not want an induction anyone hold out after 41+5 days?

(6 Posts)
CookieSW Wed 21-Oct-20 09:17:05

Hi all, Im sure this has been asked...
Has anyone gone beyond 42 wks without the induction? I havent been worried this whole experience (1st pregnancy) during pandemic, pretty much not seeing anyone and forgotten about a while on the system, but the one thing I didnt want was any intervention especially an induction.

Im starting to get sad as I feel the pressure to do it also, but I dont feel in my body I have had enough of pregnancy either.
? <3
Sue

OP’s posts: |
Marilla1966 Wed 21-Oct-20 09:21:08

I was induced at 42 +1. I was happy to be induced by then as I was so fed up. It was absolutely fine and she arrived safely, without any intervention 10 hours later. I had my next DD without being induced (still 12 days late) and it was exactly the same experience. I think we hear about lots of negative experiences with inductions but mine and my friends who had them were all drama free. Good luck. Xxx

Isadora2007 Wed 21-Oct-20 09:23:03

Could you request a sweep? Or two or three? Can often help bring on labour without the need for induction...

Sjl479 Wed 21-Oct-20 09:27:39

You should be able to opt for more frequent monitoring instead? I went in for daily checks and went into labour naturally at 42+1. There are risks associated with going over 40 weeks so make sure you understand the implications and are comfortable with your decision

DuggeeHugs Wed 21-Oct-20 12:41:57

You don't have to have an induction - they can only be performed with your consent. However, now would be a good time to think about whether you want to try an induction or refuse and go for a CS if you don't begin to labour naturally.

Start looking up options, stats and the Bishop score so you can make an informed decision.

CookieSW Thu 22-Oct-20 11:16:39

Thank you for your feedback, really appreciate it. Yes I have had a sweep today, so fingers crossed.
I feel better about having an induction now, due to the fact that if i have it before my 42 weeks I can still go to the birth center and hopefully wont be 'more' painful as a result of the induction.
x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in