Talk

Advanced search

Induction, 4th baby

(7 Posts)
MrsK89 Wed 09-Sep-20 14:28:41

Hi
Has anyone had an induction after previous spontaneous deliveries?
I have previously had fast labours so I'm quite worried this may lengthen the time of active labour. I'll be getting induced at 38 weeks. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
Crazymummyto3 Wed 09-Sep-20 14:47:43

Is there a reason why you are being induced? I'm due with baby number 4 tomorrow, my previous labours were quick and my last birth was a home birth and baby arrived before the midwives. My midwife suggested induction at 39 weeks this time but when I spoke with the consultant he said that because the only reason for it was because of a quick labours, baby would most likely become over-stimulated and result in higher risk of c section. We declined, unless a medical need arises.

MrsK89 Wed 09-Sep-20 15:39:38

Thank you for your reply. I've got cholestasis so they recommended induction between 38 and 39 weeks.
Previous births were at 38 weeks, apart from the first baby, I was induced at 37+5 due to bleeding.
Hated the drip, but not sure because I've since had babies it may not be as intense?

Tink2007 Wed 09-Sep-20 16:46:30

I went in for an induction last Wednesday - reason was I was 41+3. Two previous spontaneous births.

I would never do it again. The pessary they used was Propess, it caused my contractions to hyper stimulate and sent my baby’s heart rate into feral distress (went as high as 173bpm).

Ended in a Category 1 emergency c-section. It was a horrific experience.

Luckily our baby girl was fine but I would never want someone to go through what we went through.

LBTM Wed 09-Sep-20 16:55:29

I had an induction for my 3rd after a fairly quick 1st then ELCS for 2nd (breech baby). I was induced because I was 9 days overdue so I guess DS was nearly on his way. It was very straightforward and a bit quicker than my 1st. I found early labour with induction much gentler than for my natural birth. The last half hour was much harder but probably because he was 3lb bigger than his sister.

NK5fd36457X11218d61631 Wed 09-Sep-20 17:02:55

I had induction with my 4th after 3 spontaneous labours. Previous labours fast and non eventful. (Less than 2 hours).
Induced because I was an older mother and 42 weeks according to scan dates. All my babies were overdue according to scan but my own dates were correct. Babies just big and long limbed.
I had a drip inserted and my waters were broken by the midwife. Contractions were easy, slow and steady for a couple of hours. Then intense, DS was born safely 45 mins later. Couple of stitches due to speed and size of DS's head.
All good.
Best of luck.

MrsK89 Wed 09-Sep-20 19:34:32

Thank you for the replies. I'm hoping it doesn't take ages, just worried about him being on the small side, as he's measuring on the 3rd centile x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in