Talk

Advanced search

Is this it?

(13 Posts)
lockdownpregnancy Sun 06-Sep-20 19:14:34

Currently 37 weeks and I've been in latent phase labour since Tuesday.
Tonight I feel really REALLY nauseous. Baby is seriously on the move which is great and getting bad period cramps and feel like I need the loo all the time.
Is this it? Or do I have continue to endure this for a while longer 😫😫😫

OP’s posts: |
FiveFootTwoEyesOfBlue Sun 06-Sep-20 19:17:16

It could be, but no-one can tell you for sure, sorry! Hope you get to meet your baby very soon! Try to stay hydrated. Imagine the best possible outcome.

lockdownpregnancy Sun 06-Sep-20 20:21:06

Thank you @FiveFootTwoEyesOfBlue just keeping my fingers crossed he makes an appearance soon.
This is all getting very frustrating! I would have minded waiting longer if it hadn't all kicked off on Tuesday! 😬

ScarMatty Sun 06-Sep-20 20:29:55

I hate to break it to you but I was like this from around 36-37 weeks. I kept getting excited!

On the other hand, baby might be on their way!

ShyOwl Sun 06-Sep-20 20:38:23

Hi OP
I'm 37+ 3 so watching with interest to see how you get on! Hope your LO doesn't keep you waiting too long

This little one has definitely moved down and I get a lot of the period like pains and waves, hoping he won't keep me waiting too long

lockdownpregnancy Sun 06-Sep-20 21:10:50

@ScarMatty when did you deliver if you experienced the same?
I know we are all different but I'd be curious to know.
I've stopped feeling sick now but my belly hurts and keep getting pains. Not contractions by a long shot but clearly something is going on, just seems to be taking a while! 😭😭😭

ScarMatty Sun 06-Sep-20 21:33:05

@lockdownpregnancy

I was induced at 40+3... sorry!

OhToBeASeahorse Sun 06-Sep-20 23:30:22

Is this your first baby OP? Latent phase can last a long time. Or it could just be your body warming up!

I'm sorry, its rubbish I know but if you can relax, do. You'll get scant time to do so for a while after things do kick off!

lockdownpregnancy Mon 07-Sep-20 13:08:00

It is my first @OhToBeASeahorse
It's all still quiet and it's been nearly a week since the first 'episode' if you will!
I've just accepted that it may be a while! 😭

OhToBeASeahorse Mon 07-Sep-20 22:38:17

It can be a tricky time!

I'm in the opposite boat. Im 35 weeks with number 2 and we are having building work done..I am praying this baby stays in until.its finished but I've had a dicky tummy this evening!

lockdownpregnancy Tue 08-Sep-20 13:30:36

Fingers crossed no early appearance for you then @OhToBeASeahorse 🤞
Been having back and pelvic pain again today and I was woken up in the night with tummy pain but nothing to warrant a trip to the hospital! Clearly nothing is afoot as it's the afternoon and not a peep!
Oh well! All in good time eh! Treated myself to a MacDonalds to pass the time now that I'm on maternity leave! Especially given that I've just picked up my Gaviscon prescription so I just though why not! 😂

LittleBrownBaby Tue 08-Sep-20 13:52:15

Good luck! Hopefully it's the start of something. I had two weeks of this with both of mine.

lockdownpregnancy Tue 08-Sep-20 13:55:50

Thank you @LittleBrownBaby I'm a week in to my first 'episode' so hopefully only another week then! Hehe!
I'm on maternity leave now so I don't even have my job to distract me and pass the time! 😬

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in