Talk

Advanced search

Due to be induced tomorrow

(12 Posts)
Tink2007 Tue 01-Sep-20 08:43:30

Third baby, both my others were spontaneous labours so this is new territory for me.

I’m 41+2 so she’s got to come out lol. How did everyone find their inductions?

How quickly did things move along?

OP’s posts: |
India999 Wed 02-Sep-20 15:13:50

Hi! My induced birth was a great experience but the hospital stay before going into 'established labour' wasn't great. (I was in hospital for 3.5 days from first induction tablet to baby being born).

My advice would be to take stuff to keep you busy and don't be disappointed if it takes longer than you think.

I'm excited for you!!! Congrats X

Elmo230885 Wed 02-Sep-20 15:21:31

Both my children had to be evicted this way, no way either were going to arrive on their own.
Both times I made sure I was prepared for a lengthy stay (neither time were particularly long) and made sure I understood the procedure (as I had two different methods of induction).
Second induction was over the better, simpler and easier one. Can't comment on how it compares to a spontaneous labour though, so I'm maybe not that helpful
All the best x

Tink2007 Wed 02-Sep-20 15:52:12

Thank you both smile

Am currently 1cm (but apparently you can be 1cm after previous births anyway) and the propess went in about 50 minutes ago.

One very stubborn baby in there!

Grodesperate Wed 02-Sep-20 17:46:32

Mine was pretty speedy - gel at 7am (when I was 1cm dilated) got some cramps a few hours later and had a shower & went for a walk. They checked again at 1pm and I was 7cm. Baby arrived just before 4pm smile

Hope it goes well for you! I suspect it's largely down to luck but keeping active if you can might help x

bumblebeebiz Wed 02-Sep-20 18:22:33

What induction method are they using?
My advice is have an epidural before they start on the drip.

I've had 2 inductions- both went marvellously but the one with the epidural was wonderful!!

bumblebeebiz Wed 02-Sep-20 18:23:11

(For my first induction I didn't have a drip as not needed, so used gas and air only)

NoRoomInBed Wed 02-Sep-20 18:25:54

Pessery went in. Then half hour later labour started and 1 hour until baby was in my arms. was a whirlwind. But wasn't worse than my 2 spontaneous labours

Tink2007 Wed 02-Sep-20 18:29:02

I’m definitely contracting in my back and it is going round to my front in peaks so think something is starting.

Grodesperate Wed 02-Sep-20 18:58:02

Very exciting - good luck!

perfumeistooexpensive Wed 02-Sep-20 18:59:57

I hope that this won't be too long then. Sounds positive.

NoRoomInBed Wed 02-Sep-20 19:11:08

Good luck. Hope all goes well.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in