Talk

Advanced search

Clary sage

(6 Posts)
GoshHashana Wed 29-Jul-20 12:15:16

Has anyone used this during labour? I'm interested to try.

OP’s posts: |
EL1984 Wed 29-Jul-20 18:41:00

Hello, I'm 39 + 3 and tried it out last night. My bump is still very high so I'm trying a few things to encourage it along to avoid getting to 42weeks.
Mixed a couple of drops with some almond oil and my husband massaged it into my back and tummy. I was getting very strong Brixton hicks and lightening crotch (which I'd been getting throughout the day anyway). So it obviously does something!
X

GoshHashana Wed 29-Jul-20 18:42:34

Interesting! I have almond oil too so I might give that a try in a few weeks if I go overdue or to term.x

OP’s posts: |
Ginmonkey84 Fri 31-Jul-20 22:09:07

I didn’t start using it until 39 weeks and it was very sparingly but after 40 weeks was covered in the stuff. Not sure if it did anything but I had a very very quick labour, after days and days of prodomal labour from 40+2. After 40 weeks it won’t do any harm. Almond oil one two drops in 10ml or put it pure on a tissue and inhale it. People find it quite potent but I liked it

Mumsnut Fri 31-Jul-20 22:22:55

I thought this was a Baby name thread 😀

Missanneshirley Fri 31-Jul-20 22:24:57

It worked really quickly with me - I put a few drops of the oil in my bath a few days before my due date and was in hospital that night! Who knows if that would have happened anyway!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in