Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My episiotomy seems to have come undone - 9 months after birth (TMI)

(7 Posts)
shreddies Sun 30-Sep-07 13:19:16

Help!
I had felt a little soreness and had a look this morning only to find that there is a red cut (very shallow) exactly where my episiotomy was. Obviously I'll go to the GP tomorrow, but wtf? Has anyone else ever heard of this happening?

fireflyfairy2 Sun 30-Sep-07 13:20:37

No, I have had 2 & never had this happen

Sorry, it sounds horrendous.

Yes, go to your GP asap & get it checked out!

shreddies Sun 30-Sep-07 13:21:20

I know. Feel a bit freaked out.

HelloMama Sun 30-Sep-07 20:36:46

It sounds like you have a fissure, which is a small cut common around the vulva and perineum, and can be caused by sex or dryness, etc. They can be quite sore or completely painless. Invest in some aqueous cream to wash with in the bath and shower. Cut out all other soaps, shower gels and bubble baths. and these can cuase fissures or make them worse. In the meantime perhaps bathe the area with water and a few drops of either tea tree oil or lavender oil after using the loo, before bedtime etc, to stop the area getting infected. It should heal in no time and I very much doubt is anything related to your episiotomy, apart from the fact that the skin may be slightly more fragile there (unless you only had the episiotomy a week or so ago?!).

shreddies Sun 30-Sep-07 23:09:04

Thanks Hellomama, that really helps, and it makes sense. I'm just about to have a bath with lavender oil in.

JustcallmeMAT Mon 01-Oct-07 11:11:11

Hi shreddies.

Did you make a doctor's appointment yet?

shreddies Mon 01-Oct-07 13:15:22

Hallo, yes, thanks for asking, I went this morning. She said it was nothing to worry about and just keep it clean. She also said just because it happened once doesn't mean it will happen again. In fact it was already much better today, but oh my gosh it gave me a fright.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now