Talk

Advanced search

any post-natal doulas in or near leeds please?

(5 Posts)
cheritongirl Sat 29-Sep-07 10:21:37

hello there,
i have a really good friend who will be having her second baby in a few weeks - she lives in leeds and doesn't have any family locally (and i am in leicester!) and i was just thinking that maybe i could pay a lovely post-natal doula to maybe make her some meals/shop for her when the baby arrives or soon after. Let me know if you are out there! thanks smile

MaeBee Sat 29-Sep-07 20:29:01

hi,
not a doula, but am in Leeds!
does she have friends and baby contacts in Leeds? if not, what area is she in?
There is a doula service in Leeds but i don't know the contact details, im really sorry.
have you tried posting this on Leeds Local Mumsnet site too?
what a great friend you are!
ps - when i had my baby, i came out of hospital to a hamper packed with healthy treats, fruit, olives, homemade bread, bottle of wine (much grateful for that!) etc. you could make one of those for her otherwise?

yogimum Sat 29-Sep-07 21:00:18

what a lovely friend! have you tried looking on doula UK? If she was in Dorset I would have been able to help out.

cheritongirl Mon 01-Oct-07 09:39:21

thanks ladies - the hamper idea is great and i will post on the leeds area site.
She does have friends and contacts in leeds but i am not sure she is coping that well right now and therefore isn't asking for much help from anyone! She is LS17 i think.
Anyways, will look on doula uk too.
thanks!

VoodooLULUmama Mon 01-Oct-07 09:50:00

nurturing birth also train and place doulas nationwide, aswell as doula uk

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now