Talk

Advanced search

C section bathtub

(14 Posts)
Jadefeather7 Sun 14-Jun-20 18:55:03

Hi

We only have a bathtub and not a shower. Last time I had my c section I found it really difficult to get into the bath so I went to my parents to use their walk in shower. That won’t be possible this time. Any suggestions for how to manage? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
strawberry2017 Sun 14-Jun-20 18:57:33

Could you get a shower installed over the bath? X

sohypnotic Sun 14-Jun-20 19:09:13

Look up bathtub mobility aids and see if there's anything that looks helpful.

Jadefeather7 Sun 14-Jun-20 19:13:16

Yeah there’s a shower over the tub. The issue is actually getting into the tub

MileyWiley Sun 14-Jun-20 19:15:08

Buy a non-slip step, two of them if necessary. One in the bath and one out of the bath and then use the shower. You should be able to manage that if you keep on top of your pain killers (I've had two sections, but I appreciate everyone is different).

Cooper88 Sun 14-Jun-20 19:15:45

I had this issue with bit c sections. What I found was if you sit on the side of the tub and then out your legs over it helps. Failing that a little step stool to help you get into the shower.

Jadefeather7 Sun 14-Jun-20 19:51:20

@MileyWiley do you think something like this would work in the bath?

Babycurls Little Journey Toilet Training Kids Non Slip Up Double Two Step Stool with Grips Unisex White for Safe Toddler Loo Potty Training in The Bathroom and Home www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SC34NWR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_u-M5EbJ9WA7Z2?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

MrsR2018 Sun 14-Jun-20 20:13:12

I bought one of those little fold away steps that I put on the bathroom floor, used the sink as support and DH installed a suction handrail too xx

sohypnotic Sun 14-Jun-20 20:21:35

That step would sort of work, my toddler uses one, however the odd time I have stood on it getting in/out it's not felt very stable. I wouldn't use if I didn't have something else to hold for support. One like this would be safer:

CaliBrit Tue 16-Jun-20 00:33:02

I'm living in the US so the advice may be different but I was told I wasn't allowed to have a bath (only shower) until 3 weeks after surgery. If that's the case then maybe get one of those shower attachments for your bath taps and a step stool on each side of it?
Or, could you get a little kiddy pool set up in front of your kitchen sink and use a shower attachment on the kitchen taps for a quick standing rinse. Your other half would need to bail it out each time but it might be the only way at least for the first few showers.
Also if you get prescribed any stronger pain meds pop one before each bath. I took one before my shower for the first few days as it made moving around and standing for a prolonged period a little easier. I'm sorry, this sounds tricky! Heal fast!

Jadefeather7 Tue 16-Jun-20 16:05:26

Thanks. I have a shower over my bath the issue is getting in and out of it. I think I should be able to get in with a step stool but I would need one inside the bathtub as well and that would need to be stable. Was hoping I could find one with suction cups but no luck so far

FelicityBeedle Tue 16-Jun-20 16:10:01

How long was it until you could get into the bath to shower? Would a very through standing wash work?

MrsR2018 Tue 16-Jun-20 18:37:21

@Jadefeather7 why do you need one inside the bath? Usually the bath bottom is higher than floor level so the step means you don’t have as high to step in/out? Would temporary handrails not help?

flowerstar19 Tue 16-Jun-20 22:35:14

Hi OP, we only have a shower over the bath, and I have had two sections. I remember trying to step in after my first and realising ouch I can't do that, I just used a wooden crate as a step and called my husband to take my hand on my way in and out. After a few days I was fine without the step Xxx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in