Talk

Advanced search

Elective c section during coronavirus

(3 Posts)
eggly Wed 27-May-20 21:48:30

Hello, I am not pregnant, have fertility issues, but recently spoke to my GP about the possibility of continuing TTC during the pandemic (she was encouraging due to my age, mid-thirties). Thanks to various health issues and vaginismus, if I do conceive I will be requesting an ELCS.

For those that have recently given birth via ELCS during the crisis, how was the experience (both the surgery and immediate recovery on the ward). Did you feel safe and cared for?

For those who are currently pregnant and have managed to book an ELCS, did you find it more difficult to obtain one because of coronavirus/did you meet any resistance from the hospital?

Thank you if you can offer some insight! Obviously the best hope is a better situation if and when I become pregnant, but I just want to be prepared assuming we are in this for the long haul.

OP’s posts: |
AMostExcellentStick Wed 27-May-20 21:52:55

I was offered one due to past history, no whiff of it being any more difficult at the moment. That's not to say another hospital/consultant wouldn't use it to put up a fight unfortunately. From having spoken to women who've had CS recently, the main differences to 'normal' seem to be different policies on visitors in hospital, and being discharged ASAP (24 hours - though that's not unheard of in normal times).

Kezmum14 Sun 31-May-20 15:04:46

I’m currently 34 weeks pregnant and will be having a c section. I’ve been told I need to be at the hospital at 7.30am on the date given and my partner is not allowed to come in but they suggested he waits in the car while I find where I am on the list. If I’m first they said for him to stay in the car if I’m third it would be better for him to come home as it will be around lunchtime. (emergency ones can mean mine would be put back a bit). He will then come to hospital in time for the section, afterwards we will be in recovery for roughly 1hr and then moved to a side ward where we get 3hrs ‘quality time together’ before my partner has to leave. I have to have a covid 19 test when I arrive but not sure if anything else will be different. X

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in