Talk

Advanced search

Covid19/C-Section

(3 Posts)
em90792 Fri 15-May-20 22:07:19

I was wondering if anyone knew if you were at more risk after a c-section? My eldest 2 are reception and yr1 and we are currently weighing up the pros and cons of them returning to school.
I dont need opinions or facts of schools returning, I specifically wanted to know about covid19 and c-section recovery..... is immune system weakened? Is there any articles? (I cant find any, only about actual surgery) has anyone been given medical advice?

OP’s posts: |
Kodiak83 Mon 18-May-20 17:50:22

I’ve wondered this too. Even just from a position of dealing with a horrific cough whilst having the wound. I also wondered about returning kids to school or not. I won’t be dealing with this decision til Autumn when baby is due but it worries me and I wonder if we will keep kids off for the couple of weeks pre section and a while after. Interested to know other thoughts on this.

Kezmum14 Wed 20-May-20 09:07:02

I’ve no idea but my children (R and Yr 1) aren’t returning. Baby is due beginning of July so will be born end of June and I just don’t want to increase my risk of being poorly after a c section as well as not being able to look after the children properly if they came down with it. (As in picking them up, cuddling, lying in their beds with them)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in