Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

anyway to help with pressure?

(6 Posts)
lisad123 Sun 16-Sep-07 20:14:24

Im 37 weeks now, and bay is fully engaged and has been for last 2 weeks (apart from one day she thought she'd pop out) Its a hell of a lot of pressure on my lower parts, I feel like im being stabbed in my cervix, have major period pain and if i sit on the loo feel like i need a poo blush sorry if tmi.
Anyone got any advice on how to relive it, im so uncomfertible sitting, walking, or laying down
Thanks

j20baby Sun 16-Sep-07 20:18:43

aw Lisa, i'm like this atm too, apart from i don't thin lo is even engaged yet!

you had a nice warm bath and some paracetomol, not great i know, but don't know what else to suggest x

Pollyanna Sun 16-Sep-07 20:19:51

I found sitting on a birthing ball much easier than sitting on hard surfaces in the later stages of pregnancy- have you tried this?

lisad123 Sun 16-Sep-07 20:22:56

thanks, im having a bath twice a day right now, its the only time im happy with the pressure and the SPD. I have a birthing ball, but does very little
Thanks for thinking of me though

glitterkitty Sun 16-Sep-07 20:26:05

I had bad spd- it really improved once I kept my legs together when sitting down, instead of late-pregnancy-sitting-like-a-builder position which I naturally went into. Hope this helps. smile.

babalon Sun 16-Sep-07 22:18:45

secnd the birthing ball I spent the last 3 months of my pregnancy on one and most of my labour too!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: