Talk

Advanced search

Does anything work?

(13 Posts)
FearnRJ Tue 28-Apr-20 14:10:36

I'm 4 days overdue and very very fed up! I had a sweep last Friday and been having cramps/backache now and again and seem to be losing my mucus plug but it's very small little bits and I have an increase in vaginal discharge.

I've tried fresh pineapple, hot curry and lots of walking to try and bring on labour I'm also starting to consider sex 🤣🤣 does anybody have any recommendations or is it just a case of baby will come when ready?

OP’s posts: |
BabyLlamaZen Tue 28-Apr-20 14:13:34

Hypnobirthing. Chilling out and relaxing will increase the oxytocin which kickstarts labour. Enjoy it. smile

Keha Tue 28-Apr-20 15:48:04

Well... I had sex the day labour started. I also spent the day with friends , relaxed, laughted a lot, wasn't thinking about baby. Probably just coincidence but could have been due to relaxing and oxytocin being able to increase. You're so close, baby will come when its ready!

YouAndMeAndTheDevilMakesThree Tue 28-Apr-20 16:27:19

My midwife said lunges and bouncing on a birthing ball were good. Apparently with pineapple you'd have to eat so much of it that you risk getting a stomach ulcer.

LillianFullStop Tue 28-Apr-20 18:40:31

Apparently dates are meant to help? Last time I tried raspberry leaf tea because at the time people swore by it but it didn't work for me at all!

FearnRJ Tue 28-Apr-20 18:49:01

Looking at these comments baby comes when they are ready then x

Pregnantbam Tue 28-Apr-20 19:40:24

I’m not as far along as you (38 weeks) but I’m desperate to have my baby now so at my midwife appointment today she said the only two things that are ‘proven’ to help is nipple stimulation and sex (as the semen has hormones that soften the cervix I believe 🤔) plus they release oxytocin as well! I’ve tried raspberry leaf tea, ball bouncing, walks, watching comedy shows, pressure points, breast pump, sex (☹️) and clary sage. Nothing has worked 😫

I hope your baby comes soon!

FearnRJ Tue 28-Apr-20 20:03:54

@Pregnantbam good luck with the rest of your pregnancy hope our babies don't keep us waiting much longer now!

I've tried nipple stimulation today even sex is starting to sound appealing at the minute 🤣🤣 x

SparkleUK Tue 28-Apr-20 23:46:07

I tried absolutely everything but baby said no and came himself at 41+1 when I'd been booked for an induction in the afternoon. He decided he wasn't going along with that 😂

The night before I'd been to a big event for OH, had a McDonalds and kind of resigned myself to the fact that he wasn't coming and I'd have to be induced. Woke up with pains early hours so they'll definitely let you know when they've had enough!

littlefawn Wed 29-Apr-20 07:18:00

I had a pregnancy massage and reflexology on my feet at 37 weeks, lost my mucus plug that night and baby arrived a few days later

FirstTimeBumps Wed 29-Apr-20 10:14:34

Sex started it off for me. But baby wasn't engaged amdwas actually breech (undiagnosed). My labour started with my waters going and 32 hours of contractions later I had a section. Wouldn't personally reccomend rushing baby along if there not ready x

FearnRJ Wed 29-Apr-20 10:26:34

I've decided that she obviously isn't ready to enter the world so I've decided I'm going to let nature take its course and she will come when she's ready as hard as it is

Purplequalitystreet Wed 29-Apr-20 10:28:27

My labour started a few hours after sex. I was 5 days over though so might have been a coincidencd

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in