loader

Talk

Advanced search

Guardian article on emergency home birth

(11 Posts)
unicorn Sat 15-Sep-07 19:06:38

here

treacletart Sat 15-Sep-07 19:15:44

Wow! I'm tearing up a bit here but then I'm probably still hormonal! Thanks for the link!

lulumama Sat 15-Sep-07 19:15:48

oh that is lovely, it has made me cry ! that is a birth story with a difference...x

belgo Sat 15-Sep-07 19:23:21

that's amazing. So glad it worked out so well in the end. The operator seemed very well trained.

Boogalooblue Sat 15-Sep-07 19:47:16

I have never cried at a birth story before but that is fabulous - thank you grin.

What a wonderful operator grin

thegardener Sun 16-Sep-07 09:17:18

What a moving story, had me in tears toosmile

sfxmum Sun 16-Sep-07 09:42:45

I read that dh said if there is a next time we will be at the hospital from first contraction and refused to read any detailsgrin

lovely story

weeonion Sun 16-Sep-07 10:18:33

wow. wow smile

Eaglebird Sun 16-Sep-07 18:34:27

What a fab story. It made me cry with happiness.

digitalgirl Mon 17-Sep-07 12:18:03

I read that, cried. Pulled myself together then read it out loud to DH, who paced the kitchen with anxiety...what a lovely birth story. That must have been the longest 11 minutes!!

ChickenLittle Fri 21-Sep-07 10:53:45

This Story is very much like my own! I had an emergency home birth in April. My mum delivered my DS2 in the bathroom whilst my DP was on the phone to the ambulance service. We laugh aboutit now and say that poor DS2 will never live it down being born in the bathroom altho DP tells people he was born in the toilet (think people of the image of this baby with his head down the toilet [shock) Altho it was very scary at the time it was nice to be able to get into my own bed after the paramedics and midwifes checked us out! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now