Talk

Advanced search

Lindo Wing consultants 2020

(9 Posts)
maccers88 Wed 22-Apr-20 11:48:25

Hi everyone, it has been a while since there has been a post on this topic. We are considering private (hopefully natural) birth at the Lindo Wing for our first baby. Has anyone got any experience of Dr Tom Prior? He sounds really nice but as he's a bit more junior than some I can't find much about him online. Also any feedback on recent experience of natural birth at the Lindo Wing? We wouldn't normally have considered private birth but are hoping it might be a bit safe in the current Covid crisis. Any advice much appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
Hollielouise Wed 22-Apr-20 14:36:19

Totally understand your thinking - we are due in July and have looked into private options. Have you checked they are accepting for your due date? Last time I spoke to them they weren't taking on any new cases, for July anyway.

maccers88 Wed 22-Apr-20 15:37:22

Thanks @Hollielouise. I'm in fairly early stages at the mo, so hoping that will have changed by the time I'm due. I'm particularly concerned for the moment about not waiting in hospital waiting rooms for antenatal appointments.

Hollielouise Wed 22-Apr-20 20:13:08

Not sure what area you are but my NHS hospital have put almost all appointments over the phone and for those in hospital they ask you to wait outside/in the car until they are ready for you. They are quite quiet as no one is there unnecessarily! We will transfer to private in a few weeks I think.

maccers88 Thu 23-Apr-20 12:18:42

Thanks - that's good to know. Does anyone have any feedback on Dr Tom Prior?

Cherryonthetop2019 Fri 24-Apr-20 06:56:52

I used Tariq Miskry and would recommend him without hesitation. The Lindo wing is currently closed to new patients though so I doubt you are going to be able to use them.

friskybivalves Fri 24-Apr-20 07:14:03

Another vote for Tariq miskry. He used to be at Portland as well, which I was dead against but had a great experience at. Worth considering if Lindo unavailable.

Hollielouise Fri 24-Apr-20 07:58:55

Portland also only accepting consultant led care - no midwife led cases. Kensington Wing at C&W still taking both I believe.

maccers88 Fri 24-Apr-20 09:46:52

Thanks everyone. I've been told it'll be fine to book in for when I'm due, as it's so far away. I'd ruled out the Portland on the basis that it isn't attached to a proper hospital. I will definitely look into Mr Miskry. I am interested in Dr Prior as he seems so nice but as he's only been a consultant for a bit over a year I can't find anything about him online. The other option is William Dennes, based on a personal recommendation.

Do you have any feedback on natural birth at the Lindo? Do you know if they have any birthing pools?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in