Talk

Advanced search

How long will I stay in if everything goes,well?

(4 Posts)
Rosebel Fri 17-Apr-20 16:36:40

Has anyone had a c section since the pandemic?I'm wondering how long they kept you in for. With my first (emergency) I was in for 5 days but with my second (planned) it was 2 days.
Unless things improve 're the coronavirus I don't want to be I'm hospital for long as I won't be able to see my husband or children (and I know there are worse things going on). I just wondered if they tried to get you out quicker at the moment. For example if everything goes,well and my baby is fine could we go home in 24 hours? Anyone had an experience?

OP’s posts: |
Hoggleludo Fri 17-Apr-20 16:37:41

Friend had a c section with her 9th baby and was only in for 26 hrs.

ScarfLadysBag Fri 17-Apr-20 16:37:52

I had an EMCS but it was straightforward and I was out after 24 hours, so I don't see why you wouldn't be with a planned if everything went well. Particularly at the moment I can't imagine they want people in longer than necessary.

Mummylanie3 Sun 19-Apr-20 23:35:42

My midwife says there discharging women after 24 hours with c sections of everything ok most women who have a normal birth are going straight home from delivery not even going into the ward they want you out as quick as possible so all been well u should be out the next day

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in