Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How long from when you were told you were 2/5 engaged to when you delivered?

(7 Posts)
FlossALump Fri 07-Sep-07 09:51:51

Just out of speculative interest and bearing no relation to being 39+2?!! grin

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Fri 07-Sep-07 09:54:23

i was about 32 weeks when i was 2/5 engaged with dd (first) and she was born at 38+5

ds didnt engage until labour (second) which was at 38.5

my kids like to do things the same! grin

FlossALump Fri 07-Sep-07 10:04:04

Ah. Midwife said being that engaged meant labour could happen at any time. It is my second baby.

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Fri 07-Sep-07 10:08:08

yeah soudns imminent for a 2nd baby, as i say ds didnt engage till i was in the hospital having him!

charliemama Fri 07-Sep-07 10:25:47

My first ds was so well engaged the midwife thought he was breech because she assumed his bottom must be his head. This lasted about 4 weeks before he finally appeared at 40+5 weeks. Then my dd also engaged early and was brn at 40+9 weeks.
Good Luck I hope it all goes well. The thing I learnt was they will come when they're ready and there's not alot you can do. I tried alot of the methods like eating rhubarb, curries etc and going on long walks with my first.
Incidently, my third was born at 40+5 weeks.

helenelisabeth Fri 07-Sep-07 21:58:43

FlossALump - SNAP! I too was told this week at 39+3 that I am 2/5 engaged with second baby. I am due today and still not gone and don't feel like I will anytime soon. DD1 was 5 days early so obviously I have been expecting to go by now!

Good luck!

Jossiejump Sat 08-Sep-07 17:58:16

With DS1 I was 2/5 engaged about 6 hours before I went into proper labour (had m/w check that day and she wrote poss early labour on my notes), with DS2 he was 4/5 engaged several weeks beforehand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now